thehoe92 Build v2 Update! 3/13 iPad install!

9 time out of 10 its user error lol. ive been there plenty of times, just been lucky enough to not have blown anything before i figured out what stupid thing i did. just remember, when in doubt, turn it all off till you can recheck everything. dont take chances next time and you wont have to go through the hassle and heart ach you got now.

as for the popping... my only guess would be from the harsh clipped signal, the 1200 was robbing power from the amp for the tweeters for that split second. assuming all the wiring is correct, and im sure it is.

now about .5ohm... you know they are not stable at .5... you have already blown a pair of subs... why chance it? just put them at 2ohms until you can do it right. you will still have bass, you wont take the gamble, and you wont loose your warranty (if they are still under warranty)

i also have a bet as to why the box has such a flat response but ill wait until you test to see if its right. :pardon:

hope something in there helps.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

9 time out of 10 its user error lol. ive been there plenty of times, just been lucky enough to not have blown anything before i figured out what stupid thing i did. just remember, when in doubt, turn it all off till you can recheck everything. dont take chances next time and you wont have to go through the hassle and heart ach you got now.

as for the popping... my only guess would be from the harsh clipped signal, the 1200 was robbing power from the amp for the tweeters for that split second. assuming all the wiring is correct, and im sure it is.

now about .5ohm... you know they are not stable at .5... you have already blown a pair of subs... why chance it? just put them at 2ohms until you can do it right. you will still have bass, you wont take the gamble, and you wont loose your warranty (if they are still under warranty)

i also have a bet as to why the box has such a flat response but ill wait until you test to see if its right. :pardon:

hope something in there helps.

yeah it was hot outside, I was excited to finally have bass again and it was just a stupid error that I overlooked

I have 2 shitty 12's on the amp right now at 2 ohm and it still does it so its not because its getting robbed of power

I talked to Kasey today and he had the same problem with his older style Power comps and emailed RF.. they said it was something about the crossover that let bass to the tweeters and you know how much tweeters don't like bass

so I'm going to email them tomorrow and see if I can't have them troubleshoot.. especially since nothing has really changed in my mids and highs since the Fi

I don't have to worry about the Sundown being stable at .5 because I found a bigger amp that is stable at .5 that I will be picking up next week :spiteful::ph34r:

it actually had the opposite of a flat response.. it was really peaky at higher notes but the same thing happened with the shitty 12's then I FINALLY realized it was the gain.. turned it down and the 12's started hitting right so I still have to give that box a chance haha!

so you did help a little bit in that post

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

hey man im here from TYF too:)(01yukonslt) sucks about the subs though do you know when the new ones are coming?

I'm still waiting on 4 that were supposed to have shipped 2 weeks ago

JD was supposed to call me and talk to me about the blown 2 so I don't even know if I'll get those because I can't afford to pay for new ones and they don't offer recones for the lower line of subs so I don't really know until he calls me about it

..just bein patient with the whole thing I guess I've been 6 months without subs, I can wait a little longer as long as they actually get here in one piece haha

could you be talking about when I was pissed off the day I blew it and I didn't know what I did wrong therefore blaming t3 and now that I figured it out you still want me to blame t3?

:pardon:

only wrong thing with T3 is..that when you try to warranty something y play retarded... but other then that products are great. good luck gettin more woofers kasey

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Archived