DC Sound Lab

Been converted, need a little help w design

I've recently joined the crowd, finally biting into the DC Audio products, and boy are these things beastly! Now to business, the vehicle to be shaken loose: 2006 Scion xa. Currently housing a AQ hdc15 powered by a AQ1200, sub up, port up (spl port). love the sound and output, but i"ll be damned if i didn't get use to it, so..... time to get serious, in goes a pair of the 12" xl's, crescendo 3k, new dc alt, and a few more batts.

Now i've been an installer for quite some time, but this is my 1st go round w DC, so I look to the pro's that use them on the daily. I'm not gonna bs and say i"m not gonna push em, cause I prob will, but I want everything on point box wise.

So basically, I have a very very small hatch, and need the str8 and narrow on box size, port face size, length, sub/port positioning, etc, to get the most from the subs in this vehicle.

Thanks for any and all help

Edited by dominantimage

• 2 weeks later...

ok, so aside from design, any1 point me in the right direction as far as air requirements per sub w/o port displacement, and cubic inches of port face/length of port, and what it would be tuned at? thanks for any and all help

http://dcsoundlab.com/specs.html

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Yeah my wife drives that half-car. I'd say build it small, with a small port and add more power. You will probably have to angle the box because of that damn back seat, and it's going to mess up your acoustics.

I don't know how the hell you plan on adding batteries on top of all of it. I would give you some more pointers, but my wife will not let me touch the car lol.

Edited by Neo_frog

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Yeah my wife drives that half-car. I'd say build it small, with a small port and add more power. You will probably have to angle the box because of that damn back seat, and it's going to mess up your acoustics.

I don't know how the hell you plan on adding batteries on top of all of it. I would give you some more pointers, but my wife will not let me touch the car lol.

yeah, somehow i got stuck with that 1, while my wife gets to drive the suv (must have to do with the commute to work), go figure! lol. its gonna be tight, but she's def not gettin the larger ride, along with the equip!.

and mbdblue, i've got the specs from the site, used the spkr specs in my portacalc, but am looking for more of what actually works the best, real world results. I wouldn't mind building dif boxes to try out dif air/ports/etc. but with all the equip that has to go back there, alot of its going to be glassed, and i def don't own stock in glass work, so i was hoping for only having to take 1 stab at it for awhile.

I do appreciate the help tho