Sonic Electronix

me and a buddy of mine have been arguing for a while which subs would be louder in a really well built box. one "setups" consist of 3 12" kicker CVXs and the other consists of a single 18" RE XXX. anyones input in this would be helpful as it will verify that one of us is correct. im the one leaning towards the three CVXs since i have heard four of them in a SUV before and they slammed, and i think kicker still makes pretty good subs even tho its a mainstream company and might get looked down uppon by the other brands

me and a buddy of mine have been arguing for a while which subs would be louder in a really well built box. one "setups" consist of 3 12" kicker CVXs and the other consists of a single 18" RE XXX. anyones input in this would be helpful as it will verify that one of us is correct. im the one leaning towards the three CVXs since i have heard four of them in a SUV before and they slammed, and i think kicker still makes pretty good subs even tho its a mainstream company and might get looked down uppon by the other brands

The CVXs are gonna move what like twice the amount of air as the one 18 so they should be louder but I hate Kicker

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

The CVXs are gonna move what like twice the amount of air as the one 18 so they should be louder but I hate Kicker

uh... 3 12"s = 339 square inches of cone area.

1 18" = 254.

so i dont know how you get "twice as much air". plus the XXX has a shit ton of xmax. easily 2x as much as the CVX.

what are the power limits? as much as it can take for 1 burp? RMS only? most power itll take daily?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Why is that? Kicker makes some pretty decent stuff... but then again im a little biased towards Kicker since ive had kicker products for a while now but im just starting to look into different subs and such

Price of one Kicker Solo X and Kicker Warhorse= Price of two Fi,DC, AA, IA, DD and amps to run, I think i would go with the many others, that will get louder and sound better IMO. I mean have you actually looked at a spec sheet for Kicker lately. I was gonna build a box for a customer for some Kicker Comps, there Fs was like 45Hz. High as Hell

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

uh... 3 12"s = 339 square inches of cone area.

1 18" = 254.

so i dont know how you get "twice as much air". plus the XXX has a shit ton of xmax. easily 2x as much as the CVX.

what are the power limits? as much as it can take for 1 burp? RMS only? most power itll take daily?

I really didn't do any calculating of the actual cone areas, just thru numbers out thee. But i think the CVXs are 1000RMS, can prob burp like 1200-1300, maybe, I think it would be close, with proper boxes they both might sound close

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

Price of one Kicker Solo X and Kicker Warhorse= Price of two Fi,DC, AA, IA, DD and amps to run, I think i would go with the many others, that will get louder and sound better IMO. I mean have you actually looked at a spec sheet for Kicker lately. I was gonna build a box for a customer for some Kicker Comps, there Fs was like 45Hz. High as Hell

well the pricing is pretty high i have to agree. since im a broke college student right now, im starting to save up to hopefully soon be running 2 15" DC lvl 4s but im not sure which amps to run them with yet.

well the pricing is pretty high i have to agree. since im a broke college student right now, im starting to save up to hopefully soon be running 2 15" DC lvl 4s but im not sure which amps to run them with yet.

See im in the same boat, Broke College Student, But im going for 3 15" DC LvL4 Xls, maybe 4 if i can find the amp and cash for sub

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

Me three. Being a broke college student SUCKS!!!! But in all honesty the Kickers may get louder but the XXX is a much better quality sub.

Car

1991 Honda Accord EX

System I now have and is finally installed!

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Digital Designs 3512

Digtal Designs CS 6.5" components

Audioque 2200

DD Audio C5b

Optima Yellow Top

Rockford Fosgate 1/0

Damplifier Pro

Luxury Liner Pro

ddaudiologo.jpg