Sonic Electronix

But since I must drive for 2 houres to get MDF, I will use this since I got it already.

No one who can help me with my problem?

is there really a point? your going to do what you feel like anyhow.

look around this forum for a little while,I guess you work with what you got but i dont think ive seen anyone use plywood for an enclosure. like stated before it splinters real bad and is sometimes hard to work with. mdf from my experiance is a stronger wood as well as a more dense product as the name states (multi density fiberboard)just dont get the mdf wet.everyone is trying to help with your question as to the reasons not to use plywood.And as a sidenote you will probably learn more here than at a local shop.I know i have,just give it some time and guys on here are more than willing to help.but since you have you mind made up on using what you have than why ask anyways. :good:

Edited by LOOKINFORSPL?

look around this forum for a little while,I guess you work with what you got but i dont think ive seen anyone use plywood for an enclosure. like stated before it splinters real bad and is sometimes hard to work with. mdf from my experiance is a stronger wood as well as a more dense product as the name states (multi density fiberboard)just dont get the mdf wet.everyone is trying to help with your question as to the reasons not to use plywood.And as a sidenote you will probably learn more here than at a local shop.I know i have,just give it some time and guys on here are more than willing to help.but since you have you mind made up on using what you have than why ask anyways. :good:

mdf is medium density fiberboard not multi density :)

It is not stronger btw.

Have you ever hit on the edge on a MDF board with an hammer? And on a plywood board?

The plywood is stronger, thats a fact.

Plywood

plywood0.75165328.jpg

MDF

mdf.jpg

And no one has tryed to help me with my problem/quastion. Only said that my choose of board aint good.

My quastion was, and still is: How do I cut 2 identical sheets/board? I have cut 4 boards that dont match each other. Is just millimeters, so i can use a planer(?) to even those.

Sorry if I seem hars(?)

(?)= Not sure how its spelled :P

if i think im right about what ur talking about get the two sheets of wood and put a couple screws in the mix and then make ur cuts should be identical. then take the screws back off.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Alpine cda 9886

4 AA Mayhem 15"s dual 1.4

1 Dc 9k

10.5 cubes tuned at 36hz

156.1 dash 154.6 meca mod 4 157.0 kick

2 xs power d3100s

mechman 270 amp

2011 Ca state champ meca modified 4 and p&p 4..

VIDEOS.............BUILD LOG

It is not stronger btw.

Have you ever hit on the edge on a MDF board with an hammer? And on a plywood board?

Plywood

plywood0.75165328.jpg

MDF

mdf.jpg

And no one has tryed to help me with my problem/quastion. Only said that my choose of board aint good.

My quastion was, and still is: How do I cut 2 identical sheets/board? I have cut 4 boards that dont match each other. Is just millimeters, so i can use a planer(?) to even those.

Sorry if I seem hars(?)

We never said anything about strength, just density, MDF is more dense, which is important for speaker boxes. Also, your pictures show chipboard, and then we start talking about plywood?!? Chipboard is made out of chips of wood glued together, plywood is layered sheets with the grain changing through 90 degrees every layer to improve strength. plywood is stronger then MDF I think, but chipboard (what you have) is weaker. If you find two pieces of wood of equal size and thickness one of each MDF and chipboard. Then put them between two trestles, drop a brick on each from increasing distance until one breaks. I'm positive that the chipboard will break first. Why did you cut them wrong in the first place? Just screw them together with some glue and cut them, screw holes don't matter, you said you will carpet it. But is doesn't change the fact that it's a rubbish choice of wood.

BTW quastion is spelt question

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

It is not stronger btw.

Plywood

plywood0.75165328.jpg

MDF

mdf.jpg

My question was, and still is: How do I cut 2 identical sheets/board? I have cut 4 boards that dont match each other. Is just millimeters, so i can use a planer(?) to even those.

Sorry if I seem hars(?)

you dont seem harsh at all stupid maybe but not harsh...the wood your using is a far cry from that you have pictured in this pic....your comparing shitty pressed housing plywood to ordinary plywood.

I would help with your question but your incapacity to understand simple wood differences tells me any box advice is out the window

Edited by James

ply is the way to go for sure..

to bad you bought crap.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz