Sonic Electronix

Converting DC plug to in-line power?

Not sure if this will make any sense, but I'll try anyway.

I have some LED accent lights that go along the foot trim pieces on the doors, but they plug into the cigarette lighter. How much work would it be to cut that plug, and wire it straight into my power line, or somewhere along the power to my HU, or anything?

Doesn't matter where I need to plug it up, I just don't want that plug being used up, and still want the lights to be on a switch as well.

Thanks for any help.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

I'm confused.

The + wire, going to the LEDs seems to be coming in through one of the pins on the side of the plug, and - wire, which is ground, comes out of the middle pin on the plug.

The middle pin also seems to be some type of fuse.

My question is, where does the middle of the plug go to? Is it just grounded somewhere on the inside of the car, or what?

Also, do I need a fuse somewhere in the connection?

edit-

I mixed it up. The + is coming from the middle. So, with the fuse on the + end, does that mean I need this little fuse in-line when I wire it up?

Also, my question for ground still stands, where should I ground this?

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

i don't think led's are polarity sensitive like neon's are. some of the led's i have came with a fuse so it's not a bad idea but it's not a requirement as far as i know.

i ran all my led's & neon's threw my dome light circuit. i couldn't find a spot for a switch so i figured that was a good spot. plus when i open the doors they all light up & it has it's own switch already. if you want them on separately, that's not an option for you... just figured i would throw it out there.

Archived