Sundown Audio

New amp help please

Guest 90accordman

its not worth it to spend thousands on an amp and go modding it.  its too risky unless you guys are rich or somethin.

WTF are you talking about, where did i say i was going to MOD said amp...damn get it out of your head already.

As for the Adassa, I would want the warlord rather then the warrior and would go i different route, but im not comfortable with buying it yet..would like for it to have a little more of a history behind the company before i slap 1k or so down on thier amp.

I checked into that amp newcents, its not recommended for what im gonna do, as im not going to run 2 MX anymore, its abotu the same equivalent as a Colossus which i am not wanting.

I need my power at 1ohm with the ability to get lower .7 or .5 is what i mean when i say lower.

Does it _have_ to be new?

I just peeked at the MX line specs. A FEA optomized neo motor with an efficiency of 83.3 db 1w/1m

:-[

If they managed to bump that up with the rest of the poor efficiency subs at around 89db 1w/1m (the good ones are > 90db) you would only need 500watts to get the job done. Although I'm sure the cone mass and suspension system don't help any, but now I'm ranting.

Moral is your going to have to piss a TON of power away on these things. If your not against used amps, or any particular brand, I suggest a *pair* of monoblocks. You can get (for example) a used pair of EQ PHd2's for around 500.00 and each one is good for over 2k per sub.

The specs on the MX's don't state wether or not that is max or RMS. So over 2krms may be way more then you need to begin with (which is perfect right?).

With a pair, you can drop one on the pair to .5 ohms during the times you might have one of the out for service too. Why be without bass when you don't have to?

Did I mention it's a MUCH cheaper route?

My .02

- Matt

SMDsigbannr4.jpg FTW?