Sonic Electronix

Ok here is the "plan". And no this isnt like some of the other guys talking all this 12- jl audio subs or something with jl amps etc..etc.. . Im being realistic and know what i need in a way, but want to know with "my budget" what would be good.

Ok i had a old setup running 3 12 RFp2s4's for a while, beat hard was nice, 3 seperate 1.61 ft3 ported to 32hz each. Broke seals on the front windshield, and my knocked my back sliding glass off track a few times.

Well i sold that system (dumb me.. ) and been looking for a rebuild. Was going to run 4 15" Rfp2's but wanted p3's but im not quick on the funding. I know it would be smarted for me to run like a 15" FI BL with the amount i would spend on just 2-3 of the rf's but im a sucker for RF subs. And i loved the sound and quality of the punches i had.

soo.. anyways, my debate is on 4 15's in a "half-wall" enclosure, kinda wanna be able to see some out the back. Oh ya btw my ride is a 99' Ford F150 ext. Back seats are gone, trim, carpet, etc.. so i got alot of room. to show the size with the 3 boxes i had i coulda stacked another 3 on them, and another 3 on those, and had 9- 12's...

Well i want something that pounds, ground pounder style. So should i be running like 9 12's as above, 4 15's or like a load of 10's, i could probly snug 6 15's in there, but for box size and quality, i would rather shoot for 4... And i know true ground pounders go sealed.. ermm.. dont they? bleh anyways ported or sealed?

Only thing holding me back is how to design the wall, what im putting in it, and well currently funds cause im moving in 2 months. But im doing the build one way or another. Just moving > hobbies i guess.. though id rather sleep in my truck with a bunch of subs, but maybe thats just me.. anyways.. (hope my gf dont read this.. )

Well ya, any thoughts appreciated. Pending the setup, im probly going with some rf amps, but dunno how many of what im throwing in there.

Maybe there will be a build log in a 3 months or so.. once i decide and start shopping.

deffinately ported with 4 15s.

The New - 2002 Acura Rsx (work in progress)Eclipse AVN7000Eclipse 4 Channel4 Polk Audio Db 6.5 (soon to be changed)T500.1Punch 3 15"- The (old) System - 94 GMC Sonoma Ext. CabH/U - Pioneer Avic D3Eclipse 4 Channel Amp2 MB Quart DUA 216 6.5 components2 Polk Momo 4x10s1 RF Power T5001bd2 RF P315D4's 5 cubes net @ 35hzPowermaster D1200 Battery

I'll let you know when i hear my wall...haha

But right now I'd probably say 3 15's. You shouldn't be able to fit 4 15's across a box in the back of the truck unless you did a V shaped top baffle.

And def go ported, but with 4 15's you're looking at building a 16 cubic foot box...pretty damn big, you'd have a wall going pretty much.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

hmm,, i think real groundpounders go ported

as for sleepin with the subs :lol: x2 to that ;)

so im guessing in your opinion Tommy Mckinney's Ho Problems sealed setup isnt a "real" groundpounder

I'll let you know when i hear my wall...haha

But right now I'd probably say 3 15's. You shouldn't be able to fit 4 15's across a box in the back of the truck unless you did a V shaped top baffle.

And def go ported, but with 4 15's you're looking at building a 16 cubic foot box...pretty damn big, you'd have a wall going pretty much.

nah bro it wont be 4 across

its a 2 x 2 setup 2 lower 2 upper I know i couldnt do And technically i could do it, but it would be tight. I think i got 65" from door to door. Considering i have no panels on my doors, and all trim is stripped in the back. I want to stay within 54" though cause i want to fab up some new panels for the rear doors.

Archived