TEAM SKAR AUDIO (12) - vvx12"s astro van

k i got a lil bit done today. it was to fuggin hot to do much but i got my buss bars for the batteries done and put on. i the rings soldered on and got my battery grounds hooked up to the batts. i mounted the rear fuse holders and wired them up and hooked them up to the batts to. few hours work but why not here it is.

buss bars and 5 runs of 4 gauge grounds on

HPIM3034.jpg

HPIM3036.jpg

fuse holder mounted and wired. 2 runs of 1 gauge and 1 run of 4 gauge

HPIM3038.jpg

HPIM3037.jpg

positives, grounds, and buss bars done.

HPIM3041.jpg

HPIM3040.jpg

HPIM3039.jpg

oh yeah heres the "cheap" subs i'l be running for now. dont laugh too hard now. i know theyr cheap but they work good enough for now. i got 12 of these bitches going in the van

HPIM3042.jpg

HPIM3045.jpg

HPIM3043.jpg

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

oh yeah heres the "cheap" subs i'l be running for now. dont laugh too hard now. i know theyr cheap but they work good enough for now. i got 12 of these bitches going in the van

controlling my lulz

JK, Jeff Chillcot tried to run these subs for the hell of it in his Civic and managed a 147 on the pair before they got really stinky

--Sampson cool.gif

816-591-6592

www.kcrimshop.com

Just do it.

Im gonn be laughing when he's doing 150'S every day with this budget setup. Just brace the hell out of that box and it should hold up. Glue and screw reinforcement strips in every corner too.

Just do it.

Im gonn be laughing when he's doing 150'S every day with this budget setup. Just brace the hell out of that box and it should hold up. Glue and screw reinforcement strips in every corner too.

:drinks:

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

you must live by a a few flea market's. you could of got one amp for less that puts out more power. 4 amps that wont even do the rated 750 watts a peace and alot more cost for wires, and alot more bullshit to match the gains etc. you should of got less better subs and one good amp for the same price or less. things are cheep for a reason and like everyone said get mdf it will sound better and wont blow aport due to flex.

at least with 2 alternators and 5 battery's you wont have any of voltage drop

dam theres los of haters on here. the reason im usin this stuff is cus ive had it for a while and it works fine. so why should i spend more money on a bigger amp or more expensive subs if i alreasy got all this shit? and as for the wood im using, not evry1 is rich guys ok. like i said before BUDGET build which means my ass is broke ok. i gotta use what i already got. :angry:

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

dam theres los of haters on here. the reason im usin this stuff is cus ive had it for a while and it works fine. so why should i spend more money on a bigger amp or more expensive subs if i alreasy got all this shit? and as for the wood im using, not evry1 is rich guys ok. like i said before BUDGET build which means my ass is broke ok. i gotta use what i already got. :angry:

where not hating on u its just ppl are trying to help u out. its just how we are. we where all like u at one point seeing we did alot of entry level subs and wood because we have it. i used to have 8 12 p1's i started with osb for the box and then i just took peoples advice and used mdf and u can tell the difference in the wood like the sound and how its constructed. i spent the same amount on 2 18 xls and amps and everything and it banged way harder then the 8 12's and i was worried about the 12's having more cone area and that the 18's whernt going to be louder then them but they are alot

seeing u do have it use what u have then later if u get money build a box out of mdf just to see the difference in sound and sq, we may seam hard on u but its because we dont like seeing people spend money and have it sound like crap and u just being disappointed

now get to work :popcorn:

I can't stop building!!!

4 DC LeveL 4XL 18 Blow Through Re-Build
The newest addition My '97 Ford Explorer Build
My First Build 8 RF P1 12's
My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

oh, your a hypocrite too bro.....your mom has my name on her left tit - and you still like her dont you?

If youre masturbating to that sub already, wait until you get a real sub... I think your nutsack will shrivel up.

im not mad its im just broke. it took an act of god for me 2 get te $$ to buy the wood i got. im not tryin 2 be a dick to u guys its just as much as id like to have box walls 3 inches thick i just cant. u guys gotta think CHEAP when it comes to me. i may get a lil bit better subs eventually and if i do then il build me a better box. but for now i gotta do it this way.

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

ok got some more down in the last couple days. got the box mostly built. still gotta put some more bracing in and glass the inside. please dont be too harsh on me cus i didnt doulble the wall thickness or anything. i only had enough wood to build it with single thickness $$ is tight right now. but so far the son of a bitch is a big 1

HPIM3070.jpg

HPIM3075.jpg

HPIM3073.jpg

HPIM3071.jpg

just so you guys know, the slot/tunnel will be running top to bottom, the box was on its side in all the pics.

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

Archived