Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

t3 recone?


dirtboi22

Recommended Posts

Posted

A speaker manufacture should carry parts to make recones for past model speakers.

A company that does not wont last long!

That be like DD not standing by their warranties or their past products and will not recone their DD9500 G series because they now make this years new H series.

Contacting Ed Lester (hhr Ed) would be your best bet, or will be able to get you going in the right direction.

I don't think you've kept up much with T3 new much. They no longer have ANY old parts. If you want your old subs reconed then they will be reconed with the new speakers parts.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

Posted

big deal?? He will still be able to get it reconed so your argument is invalid

I don't think you've kept up much with T3 new much. They no longer have ANY old parts. If you want your old subs reconed then they will be reconed with the new speakers parts.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Posted

The old TSS was rated at 1000w rms.

Last TSS models were from 2008. So there should be no warranty issues.

2010 was the introduction of the newer model that replaced the TSS, its the T2000.

The TSS was never a user reconable sub and we only offered rebuilding at the factory.

This year we had to unfortunately put on hold the building of recones and stocking of parts for the older models, this is due to it being a rebuilding year for us.

We fully plan to start up recone production again in the fall for the older models and newer models.

But at this time I can only recommend talking to Jacob at Sundown as he had parts that would fit the TSS motor and frame.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl



TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png


5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Posted

funny this thread got brought up because I now need 2 recones for my freshly blown t.600's

I've heard they don't have recones, all they offer on lower line models are just new woofers but I could be mistaken

Ed if you read this could you PM me I really need to talk to you and its not letting me send you a PM for some reason

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Posted

funny this thread got brought up because I now need 2 recones for my freshly blown t.600's

I've heard they don't have recones, all they offer on lower line models are just new woofers but I could be mistaken

Ed if you read this could you PM me I really need to talk to you and its not letting me send you a PM for some reason

Yeah the lower models like the T600 and under are replaceable models.

Just shoot me an email to [email protected]. It goes to my phone. I am getting to bed now.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl



TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png


5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Posted

Could always talk to Ken. His username on here is foreverbumpin. Not sure if it's spelled exactly like that though

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Posted

big deal?? He will still be able to get it reconed so your argument is invalid

Damn, looks like he won't. So I guess I had a pretty valid argument.

funny this thread got brought up because I now need 2 recones for my freshly blown t.600's

I've heard they don't have recones, all they offer on lower line models are just new woofers but I could be mistaken

Ed if you read this could you PM me I really need to talk to you and its not letting me send you a PM for some reason

Didn't you just get these. You must have had a little too much fun with them.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

Posted

Damn, looks like he won't. So I guess I had a pretty valid argument.

Didn't you just get these. You must have had a little too much fun with them.

lmao! yup got them today, less than 30 minutes of "fun" and I blew them

all completely user error though

thanks Ed! I sent you an email

ssackett can probably do something for you as well

so OP you have lots of options

Jacob at Sundown, Ssackett, Foreverbumpn, or FixMySpeaker.com

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 507 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...