Sundown Audio

just ordered soundstream rub1.1600d

skyler411

my friend had one running at 1 ohm with good electrical, and it fried in 7 months, running 2 15" memphis something or others thought they were jl's, but just called him, he said the were memphis subs, not sure what model.

2000 2dr blazer

15" diamond audio d3

4 cubic ft. tuned @ 32hz (slot port, sub back, port back)

debating on a wall or no wall.

Shay-kee

Hmm, strange, I run 2 ohm for now, but it gets crazy even at half power. Doesn't get all that hot or thermal at all.

Custom Sounds NW takes your ideas and turns them into your reality.

Custom enclosures, consultations, service and installation of mobile electronics and home theater equipment.

References available!

My FB Page

Two fully loaded fi SSD18's + Soundstream Rubicon RUB1.2500D wired to .5 ohm for 3600 RMS = Bass for your face!

Congrats but why even ask AFTER you've bought it? Rubicon's are like, Soundstream's bottom of the line stuff IIRC so I doubt they do rated.

No Rubicons amps do not follow their sub line or coaxial line which is somewhat low.

Ok here's how it goes with the SS lines. this excludes the XXX line because that's competition

1. Human Reign / Reference

2. Rubicon/ Tarantula (rubicon is a little better than the tarantula)

3. Dtower / Stealth (not much worse than above)

4. Picasso

Now mind you ALL of these lines, even picasso, do rated power.

Team Soundstream

Team Xs Power

Team Secondskin Audio

Team Mechman

my friends amp was a beast while it worked, i'm not saying by no means its a junk amp, there is always a reason that something burns up, my guess in his application is that it had no airflow. it was under the box in a high rider gmc sonoma extended cab. the box was built to sit over the amps and stopped just about at the top of the back window. the amp at most had 1 1/2 inches of clearence over the top of it, and he only had two fans running under the box. like i said prob. just not enough airflow. But i would agree 100% with the above that they do rated power, if not more.He bought his to replace and old school reference 1000, and the rubicon replaced it and more.

2000 2dr blazer

15" diamond audio d3

4 cubic ft. tuned @ 32hz (slot port, sub back, port back)

debating on a wall or no wall.

Shay-kee

No Rubicons amps do not follow their sub line or coaxial line which is somewhat low.

Ok here's how it goes with the SS lines. this excludes the XXX line because that's competition

1. Human Reign / Reference

2. Rubicon/ Tarantula (rubicon is a little better than the tarantula)

3. Dtower / Stealth (not much worse than above)

4. Picasso

Now mind you ALL of these lines, even picasso, do rated power.

I call bs...they don't ALL do rated power. I borrowed a buddies dtower2400 for a few days...and it was clearly out performed by my us amps M3D3. Which is rated at 2k. Also...he know has it on an alpine typeX and has yet to blow the sub...which is known not to take much more than 1k.

<u>99 Jimmy SLT 4WD</u>

Systemless.

<u>99 Grand Prix GTP</u>

DC XL 12 on 1.5k tuned lowwwwww.

I call bs...they don't ALL do rated power. I borrowed a buddies dtower2400 for a few days...and it was clearly out performed by my us amps M3D3. Which is rated at 2k. Also...he know has it on an alpine typeX and has yet to blow the sub...which is known not to take much more than 1k.

i got the ruby 2500d pushing 2 12 memphis and boy did it come alive from a memphis 1000d i mean i got it on negative 2 on my deck and still pound with the gain half way while the memphis was on full gain and sub level at max still not close to what the ruby has yet i know its 1500 more watts but damn :drink40:

Archived