Sonic Electronix

$**t almost caught on fire! f***ing confused~!!!!

when electricity short circuits through the air or across something that isnt supposed to be there.

like lightning

very dangerous

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

my only guess i can have is that it was a loose wire? i really dont know what else..

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

whats arced mean lol

when it arcs there isnt a good connection between wires. Like an electronic spark on a lighter or a barbeque but they are designed to do that, connections in your system are'nt.

Current

Ford F350

Alpine IVA-W505

2x Diamond s600

1x Diamond S400

2x RF T1500-1BD

1x RF T600-4

2x AA Havoc 12"

DC Power 230XP

1/0 throughout

Up Next

95 2dr Tahoe

Head Unit= Alpine IVA-W505

Components= 2 Diamond S400, 2 Diamond S500, 2 Diamond S600

Woofers= 2 10" Diamond Hex, 2 12" Diamond D9

Amps= 3 RF T1000-4

Processor= 2 RF 3sixty.2

Subs= 4 18" AA Mayhem

Amps 4 RF T2500-1 BDCP

7 XS Power D3100

3 DC Power 270+

so basically a wire was loose or not touching enough and when the bass was hitting it was moving the loose wire causing a spark everytime it moved away?? sounds like the explanation but im still kinda scared lol

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

my only guess i can have is that it was a loose wire? i really dont know what else..

you can wonder all you want. you may never know.

go hook it back up but this time do it better. if it happens again then start a full investigation

just be on your toes for a while.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

the thing is im really scared because its a trunk car and the back seats dont drop down so i cant tell if it smokes...

1j1450.png

plus it was hard to get all the wires in cuz my middle finger is broken so it was difficult LOL

1j1450.png

Yup that's the case if it aint tighht enough that's what will happen

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

The three wires in the wire nut weren't making a good connection causing resistance or arcing which makes heat.

There isn't anything wrong with using wire nuts. Strip back plenty of insulation, twist the wires together by hand clockwise then screw on the wire nut. The use some electrical tape to secure the wire nut. You should be using tan wire nuts as they are made for three 12 awg wires.

thats what i was doing. i thought to my self it was tight enough because while i was shaking it to make sure i had my dmm hooked up to the leads and it wasnt changing the ohm load. i twisted em together then screwed on the nut. then wrapped in electrical tape.

1j1450.png

Archived