Second Skin Audio

how do u build a box in a trunk?

well its come to the time that im sick of midbass and we aint got enough room in my geo so im going to put my system in my geo

the loudest system i had in my geo was 2 rockford punch he2 12's in a prefab ported box ran from a mtx 500d wired to 1ohm for teh loudness and 4ohm daily and i was wondering

since my geo is a salvage car that has been hit in the rear end that when they put a new one on it theres not as much trunk room as it useto be

so i was thinking, should i try and build a sealed box thats sealed off from trunk and fire it into cabbin, or trade/sell my 15's for some 12's and do a decent ported box?

i got 2 sheets of 3/4 birch to work with and i kno a small bit of how to fiberglass so i might can make it work, im wanting a low end/loud setup for the geo but still be able to fold up the back seats and haul the son around in his car seat if i need to

this will be a slow work in progress so it can be due to change if need be, im gunna run 2 batteries, i got a 75amp alt so it should be fine with big 3 for 1000rms

im gunna take out my polk speakers in my truck and put my premire 680 back in my truck i guess and put my 860 in the geo and im gunna use my majestic 300w 2ch for tweets and memphis 150.2 for mids and run active, im gunna have either my kickers or my polks up front, and witch ever works im gunna put the other comp set in rear deck and take my kicker 4ch rcas out of the truck and put em in my geo

i guess why im doing this is because my geo has power windows, power locks, sun roof, it has a/c and so does my truck but it dont really matter to me if i fuk soemthing up on my geo cause the car aint worth much anyways, and so i can run a car alarm on my geo wit remote start cause why spend $100 for a alarm when u cant even unlock the doors with it? my truck is manual locks, manual windows and thats pritty much it

im gunna put my ipod controler in my geo, i unno what else, i might just run my polk coax and just put my factory deck back in cause my 680 has mad engine whine, it can be somewhat fixed with grounded rcas but i dont want to go threw that shit again but with the budget i got i guess i'll stick with it, hell its a $200 deck anyways and still works

anyways what would yalls input be on this?

size down or try n sqeeze 2 15's in the geo?

will running active make it louder?

or would u just leave it alone?

i just miss bass and these 2 8's aint doing shit in my truck, going from 2 15's to just mids n highs sucks ass

im gunna halfto tear everything out ecept power wire, geo will use the 4guage for temp and 0guage in truck till i get some bigger for geo, im gunna see what all will fit where and i might end up makeing me some apillars with some 4'' coax or something to help the highs in front but that wont work if i run active tho, i got alot of shit that aint being used and i dunno were to start

the reason im not driveing my geo is brake lights dont work right due to petal switch i think or a short somewhere so i take my son in my truck but when i get the brake lights fixed and some new tires on my geo i'll start driving it again but i need to spend time wit my son cause he's growing up to fast

all im looking for is some mild bass, my 8's are in to big of a box so i was thinking about putting some 3'' pvc in it to see how they do ported cause im gunna build them a sealed downfire box anyways to see if that helps and carpet to match truck, or just go all out on the geo?

i want something decently loud, the 8's i got sound awesome but i cant ever find a right box for em, they got some mad excursion too so they could get pritty loud

anyways sorry about the long as hell post, i typed it this way cause if i didn't i would forgot some shit i was thinking about, if u take time to read all of it thank you, but if not try to skim to the most inportant parts, i feel like this is a damn jernal or something, anyways lemmie kno something, thankx

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Well, I know a thing or two about stuffing stuff in trunks. See the build in my sig for ideas, but I would stick with the 15s. If you have the cone area, use it. Why downgrade unless you prefer working with 12s. I've put a very small sucky system in a geo once for my buddy Marcus, but a geos trunk has relatively good access despite their awkwardness. So I think it would be pretty easy to build a box inside it. I say go for it, got pics of said geo? Might help inspire ideas. "There is no limit in equipment, only skills and money are limited." Trust me, whatever you have, it'll fit.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

theres a link to it in my sig, i done some minor stuff to it already but its changed a lil bit right now, i took the polks out and put em in my truck so i guess what ever sounds best i will run in my geo and put something decent in my truck, either the coax's that go with my comp set or i unno

i wanna make some pods for my rear doors in my geo to put some coax's in there but i guess 2 comp sets should be loud enough

but theres a link in my sig that says, my 90 geo test car, its the car im talking bout

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

i had 1 15 in there befor but it was hard as hell to get the box in with that floor in, im thinking about cutting that floor in half and putting a box in and then put the other part of the floor in or just use what i need or dont and just remake the rest of it for an amp/battery rack

i got 2 ported boxs for my 15's built already but i dont know if they will fit or not side by side, i might just run sealed in there if i can

if my honda was running i wouldn't have a problem gettin a system in it due to the accords big trunk but my geo is little as hell and aqward too

stick with the 15's if you have enough space to do so, how about firing into the cabin and porting the rear deck.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

I'm building my wall enclosure entirely from the inside. Just do it a piece at a time and measure everything multiple times. My buildlog:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/75975-2010-mustang-3-15s-7500-watts/

Keep the 15's and build it from inside.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

stick with the 15's if you have enough space to do so, how about firing into the cabin and porting the rear deck.

i was thinking this but i unno how to port it threw rear deck

do i run the port out the box and threw the deck or cut a hole in the deck and have the front wave going up the deck?

i was gunna do a sealed box cut a hole in the rear deck or just set down the seats, or would porting threw rear deck make it louder?

i listen to alot of country and rock, but i like to wang out on some rap and what knot every now and then so what would be best?

i really love low bass but i like tight bass too

and this trunk has minimal room possable so i unno what i can do