08 Envoy Denali 18" AA SMD Build Log (150 db @ 39 hz)

I think I give up around here. I have worked with these subs. I have competed for over 10 yrs and i do this day in day out. I guess I'll refrain from giving out advice.

I'll end on, if the box is built right and strong it will not need fibreglass. Resin isn't used for strength its used to reduce leakage propertys of the MDF. But mainly to create a slick smooth surface.

I'm out of here.

Sorry, i didn't mean to offend you.

I understand why you wanted to use the resin, but his box isn't strong, that's why i recommended fiberglass.

You don't need to give up you give great advice, i never said u were wrong.

It was just a miscommunication. :drinks:

(to the Topicstarter: Sorry for the threadjack)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

So does anyone know why the bottle still floats even with other windows and a door open? I would think all the pressure and air would just pour out of the other openings, but it seems like there's still adequate air moving towards the front. Not really much of a difference between the car sealed up and like the 2nd video, sometimes it even seems stronger with the car opened up.

I think I give up around here. I have worked with these subs. I have competed for over 10 yrs and i do this day in day out. I guess I'll refrain from giving out advice.

I'll end on, if the box is built right and strong it will not need fibreglass. Resin isn't used for strength its used to reduce leakage propertys of the MDF. But mainly to create a slick smooth surface.

I'm out of here.

this is exactly why I resin the inside of all of the heavy hitter boxes we have done. EVERY car has gone up... even if it was one tenth... lol (the lowest was actually one tenth... but the highest was 2dB or so (2.3 i think it was)

I also have another few tricks i use after the resin treatment... but I only keep that for my team members. hehehe (sorry)

but BITLD is right... that is the main purpose of the resin inside the box. also, he is right in saying that if the box is built correctly, there is no need for added fiberglass for strength. Proper bracing, and a good solid build, with a good glue and screws works best every time.

So does anyone know why the bottle still floats even with other windows and a door open? I would think all the pressure and air would just pour out of the other openings, but it seems like there's still adequate air moving towards the front. Not really much of a difference between the car sealed up and like the 2nd video, sometimes it even seems stronger with the car opened up.

My wall Hit WAAAAY harder windows up on the meter when it was tuned high, Because i was tuned VERY close to my peak frequency, the reason i was still able to do hair tricks and float bottle was because of woofer displacement.......

When i changed my tuning to 32hz it didnt HIT my chest as hard, but move WAAAAY more air in the lower frequency range than it did before, So now with all my doors open my peak frequency of the truck is closer to the 32hz range makin it "feel" like its hittng harder at the lower frequency.

You need to hear it

TeamDeadlyHertz-smokeumtires.png

Archived