08 Envoy Denali 18" AA SMD Build Log (150 db @ 39 hz)

Yea I thought of cleaning the under side of the chassis as well and running 2 runs from the under side of that bolt down to the frame but I decided for now that should be good enough. I almost ran out of 1/0 so I had to order another 20 ft. Maybe later I'll ground to frame and see if I get any voltage or db increase.

Got a little done in the last 2 days, not too much though.

Yesterday went down to Nakas and had Tanner make me adapter plates for the speakers, they came out way better than I expected and fit perfectly. Minor modification was done to rear doors, the little lip that housed the original 5 1/4" speakers was touching the rubber outside of the surround where the screw holes were so I dremeled that down a little bit. Anyways here's some pics

Stock speakers, Front on top and Rear on bottom:

IMGP0787.jpg

New speakers in front mounted in door. 6 1/2" Image Dynamics XS series, mounted coaxial atm until I find a good spot to put the tweeter:

IMGP0788.jpg

Rear speakers mounted on the adapters, 6 1/2" Image Dynamics CTX:

IMGP0789.jpg

Never take pics of me installing it or anything, but door panels back on:

IMGP0790.jpg

IMGP0792.jpg

Rear door panels got the tweeters flush mounted. Get a little bit of dremel bites in the vinly-leather-Idon'tknowwhatitis material that I'll try take care of in couple days.

IMGP0791.jpg

And the current setup until I get the seats back in:

IMGP0793.jpg

Was having problems with the 100.4 last night, Channel 1 had real low output and Channel 2 wasn't working at all, but 3 and 4 were working cherry. Went down to Cliff's house today and I swear he get the magic touch or something. He messed with it for like 10 mins and got it working again. Lots of switching RCA's, switching speaker wire, probably sprinkled some magic dust on it when I wasn't looking but whatever he did he got it working again. So right now the 100.4 is bridged to the front and sounding REAL good.

how much did the woofer run u? an looking good im def tuned in for this

i think they go for 1099 iirc

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

Yea MSRP I believe is 1049 for the 15 and 1099 for the 18. Shipping to Hawaii was quoted to me as something like $275. Now that's not even close to what I paid, but that's MSRP.

i bet shippin one of those fuckers is a PITA. especially to hawaii

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

^^^^^ lolz... cant get enough of that avatar :) :) :)

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

looks great man, cant wait to see what you do for the box!

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

Got all the interior put back in today, no pics you guys know how it looks. Tried to mount the amps to the back of the rear seats and the screws were getting torn up and on top of that the metal backing of the seat wasn't long enough to fit all 4 feet of the 100.4 so I pretty much had to scrap that idea, Currently sitting on the floor right behind the seats until I find a more permanent solution for it.

Got a couple of electrical issues to take care of tomorrow. I noticed when I got everything back in that the power seats aren't getting power or something and 4 out of the 6 overhead lights come on when I turn the dimmer all the way up and "click" it, but the lights themselves won't come on when I try to manually click them. Dunno if I blew a fuse or what, gotta trouble shoot in the morning.

Alright haven't updated this in a while, got some pretty good progress.

First some pics of the box that was built for me. Specs are about 6.5 cubes, 14 per, and tuned to 33.

img1278724871764.jpg

img1278724872277.jpg

Alright so some pictures as promised.

Amps and batteries. Got moved too many times test fitting the amp rack lol

IMGP0794.jpg

XS Power D3400 (Thanks Peter) Going to use this in the back until the 2 3100's come in

IMGP0795.jpg

Now like I said earlier, this amp rack is nothing like I wanted it to be and was more or less thrown together with the idea of "If no fit, we goin make um fit" No laugh!

From the back

IMGP0796.jpg

From the front with seats up

IMGP0798.jpg

Seats down (Yo dawg, I heard you liked hinges)

IMGP0797.jpg

Fail pic at showing the inside. Had to make the back piece straight, the front piece follow the angle of the seat, be able to fit the 3100's when they come in, and give the port room to breathe in the back

IMGP0799.jpg

Also got some other things done

Viper 5901 installed. Thanks to Courtney them at Car Audio Evolution, only thing is the remote start is a little finicky but newer car so hopefully it can be fixed soon

IMGP0800.jpg

Also got a used 80gb iPod video for cheap, I guess can keep music videos and stuff on it

IMGP0801.jpg

Monday gotta cut holes in the bottom to run my wires up into the box, hook up the battery, mount the amps and wire them up, pick up the box from Phil, put the sub in, and hopefully get it playing.

Archived