08 Envoy Denali 18" AA SMD Build Log (150 db @ 39 hz)

Not really on here too much, but I posted a little bit when I first got my SMD. Was the first person in Hawaii with one, now there's 3 other guys with it. Finally started building a couple weeks ago. I'm just going to copy and paste my posts from my build log on the local forums. This first post will show how far I am as of now, I'll update as progress happens.

So after searching for a Dodge Magnum R/T for the last 3 months, I finally came to my senses and said ok I'll settle for an SXT. Went down to Kia Waipahu today, and as soon as I opened the trunk I was like nope this car doesn't have enough room. So I start thinking of all the other cars I could buy. Tahoe, Blazer, Expedition, Yukon, Cadillac, and then he goes how about an Envoy? He checked, and they sold it the other day. So me and my mom went down to her work. Drove an 08 Blazer, was pretty nice. Then I saw the Envoy and I was like ok lemme check that out. Took it for a spin and I was like ok, let's do it.

IMGP0683.jpg

IMGP0684.jpg

IMGP0685.jpg

IMGP0686.jpg

IMGP0688.jpg

IMGP0687.jpg

Hopefully the build will start in a week or two.

The equipment to be used in this build:

Sub - 18" Ascendant Audio SMD

Amps - Sundown Audio SAZ-4500D, SAX-100.4

Batteries - 1 XS Power D3400 up front, 2 XS Power D3100 in the back

Alternator - DC Power XP270 or a Mechman Alt.

Headunit - Pioneer 4200

Wiring - All Knukonceptz. 50ft 1/0, 100 ft 16ga twisted speaker wire, Karma SS 6m 2 channel and 4 channel RCA's, 50 1/0 ring terminals from Darvex's ebay store, several fuse holders, etc.

Deadener - 200ft^2 Second Skin Audio's Damplifier Pro.

Speakers - Image Dynamics XS 6.5" components up front, CTX 6.5" coaxials or components in rear doors

Box - Mr. Incredible

Alarm - Viper 5901

Ok so I got a small package today.

IMGP0690.jpg

Ordered a 50 pack of 1/0 terminals from Darvex's ebay store. Ordered this wednesday and got it today, excellent shipping. Should be getting my Knu wires tomorrow hopefully.

Also did my first mod to the car today. Went down to Race Factory and picked up 6000k low beams, and 3000k fogs. My hi / low are two seperate bulbs, so sadly only my low beams are HID's atm.

IMGP0691-1.jpg

Stock Hi beams

IMGP0692-1.jpg

6000k Low beams

IMGP0693.jpg

3000k Fogs

IMGP0694.jpg

Low beams and Fogs

The headlight housing is kind of weird, the low beam has like a metal housing on the outside shaped like a big bulb, and it only has like 4 slits to let light through. Thinking of trying to dismantle the housing and either take that piece out, or just hack it off.

Ok so posted this before I went work this morning, the board crashed and my post got lost in the abyss. Reposting.

So I got my Knukonceptz order today.

IMGP0695.jpg

All together I have:

50 ft 1/0 fleks

100ft 16ga twisted speaker cable

10ft 4ga fleks

50 1/0 ring terminals

4 4ga ring terminals

5 fuse holders (2 300a, 2 250a, 1 100a)

6m 4 channel karma RCA

6m 2 channel karma RCA

Going to need to pick up 2 more fuse holders from tanner's shop or something, wiring diagram changed slightly from the magnum to the envoy.

IMGP0696.jpg

One picture for now. I guess I gotta go buy some simple green and denatured alcohol after work.

Ok start off with the dangling body panels before I bought the T50 bit.

Left and right side both looked like this

IMGP0697.jpg

Hatch trim pieces are off

IMGP0698.jpg

Back 2 door panels are off, never do the front yet

IMGP0699.jpg

Visors hanging, headliner dangling

IMGP0700.jpg

Nekozak hard at work trying to take off the T50 bolts with a flathead. Got the 5 in the bed taken out, the seat belts just wouldn't budge.

IMGP0702.jpg

Finally got the carpet up

IMGP0705.jpg

First few sections go in

IMGP0708.jpg

And this is how the trunk is looking like right now

IMGP0709.jpg

IMGP0710.jpg

Headliner is still hanging, I CANNOT GET THIS DAMN DVD PLAYER OUT. Man it's so frustrating.

Started the day off with a trip down to Naka's, went to go sample the sound board. Listened to different songs for about half hour, finally decided that for the front doors I had to go with the top of the line Imagine Dynamics speakers, in the back 2 models lower. So I'll be grabbing a 6.5" XS component set and a 6.5" CTX either component or coaxial set in a week or so when Tanner gets more in. After that, headed back home to do some work.

Only worked on it for couple hours, but ended up getting the roof covered in 3 layers all the way down, trunk is sporting 2 layers, and then we started taking out the seats. Removing the fusebox is still stumping me, so as of right now we haven't done the whole floor, just to where the rear seats mount. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

IMGP0711.jpg

IMGP0712.jpg

IMGP0713.jpg

IMGP0714.jpg

IMGP0715.jpg

IMGP0716.jpg

IMGP0717.jpg

IMGP0718.jpg

IMGP0719.jpg

IMGP0720.jpg

IMGP0721.jpg

IMGP0722.jpg

IMGP0723.jpg

IMGP0724.jpg

IMGP0725.jpg

If I don't get lazy again like last night, I'll deaden the rear doors later.

So today I finally dismantled the fuse box, and then took out the front seats and center console. Got the carpet out but the front was kind of looped behind the dash and never like mess with it so just rolled that section forward. Got 1 layer on the floor today and then filled in all the small spots that had gaps or whatever.

IMGP0730.jpg

IMGP0731.jpg

IMGP0734.jpg

IMGP0735.jpg

IMGP0736.jpg

Driver seat in ready for roll lmao. Working 8-10 hr shifts for the next 3 days so probably will finish up the deadening sunday. Got to hit all 4 doors, the rear hatch with couple layers, and then lay some more layers.

But yea josh that's pretty much what I was planning on doing. The rear hatch has a buncha shit attached to it so that still gotta be tackled, going to at least triple layer it. After that was probably going to throw another layer or 2 on the rear section on the roof and then 1 more on the trunk floor. I still have around 40 sheets left of the ~100 I got.

So that's where I'm at as of right now, working 8-10 hr shifts for the next couple days, build should resume either sunday or monday.

Wassup muh braddah! Eh, I been beating on my SMD lately and Its starting to get loud and sound good. I think it's breaking in a little. I gotta say though, my 15" is no match for the 18" beast. That shit is gonna HAMMER w/ the gear you got goin in.

The 15" gets pretty loud in my little sedan but an 18 in a SUV w/ 4500+ watts, BAILOUTS / HAIRTRICK comin up!

Archived