08 Envoy Denali 18" AA SMD Build Log (150 db @ 39 hz)

Got the whole trunk lid covered

IMGP0737.jpg

Close up of one side. Pretty much 2 layers throughout, the big open areas on right and left side have idfk how many layers, just kept putting on till I got tired. Probably 5-6

IMGP0738.jpg

Beauty panels back on. Had to cut out a little around 2 of the clips because the base of it was hitting and never like clip. Can't even tell there's deadener except right along the edges of one section, foil sticks out a little bit.

IMGP0744.jpg

Workin on the doors

IMGP0739.jpg

IMGP0741.jpg

Finished doors. That one section on the top of the rear doors where one has deadening and the other doesn't, either going to patch that up or be lazy and leave em.

Driver

IMGP0742.jpg

Shotgun

IMGP0745.jpg

Rear left

IMGP0740.jpg

Rear right

IMGP0743.jpg

Got the second skin tweaker speaker rubber pads glued in too. Once the ID speakers come in and tanner can make me an adapter plate, the door panels can go back on.

Still got about 15 or so sheets of Damp Pro left, might add another couple layers on the back of the roof tomorrow maybe.

Never get plenty done today, but got what I wanted done.

Headliner back up

IMGP0746.jpg

Ran my dual power wires under the driver seat back to the trunk

IMGP0747.jpg

IMGP0748.jpg

IMGP0749.jpg

IMGP0750.jpg

After I get the RCA's and maybe speaker wires run, I can put the carpet back in and cut a hole to bring the wire up. The plan is to build an battery / amp rack right behind the rear seats and drilling a hole in the bottom so you won't see the wires going into the box, grounds will be done the same way.

Speaking of grounds, I forgot to take pics but I got my ground bolt done. Found a section in the trunk floor where I could see from under the car. Cut the 2 layers of second skin in a 1"x2" area and drilled a hole. Took a dremel to that area to get down to bare metal. Super glued a big washer to a bolt and then super glued the opposite side of the washer to the under side of the chassis. I'll take pics tomorrow or something.

Oh yea the front fuse holders, not as clean as I would like it still gotta find a good spot for them.

IMGP0751.jpg

Agenda for tomorrow all depends on what does and doesn't come in. First things first, going to do the Big 2 (until alternator gets here) and double up both grounds. If my Alt comes in tomorrow I'll install that and double up the Big 3. If Tanner gets the ID speakers in then I'll take a trip down there and try get everything mocked up and mounted. Then tomorrow after Cliff is pau work he's going to install the deck and I'm guna pick up my amps. I'll run the RCA's on opposite side of car. Can't do the speaker wire quite yet, I ordered 100 ft 16ga wire but if I bridge the 100.4 going to be 300ish watts and that 16ga not goin handle. Ordered 30 ft of 12ga twisted wire, should be good to go.

Damn Mechman is speedy. Paid for the alt thursday, shipped out friday, got it today. The UPS guy was sneaky too didn't even hear him knock on the door or anything. Saw him park at my neighbors house and then drive away after, my parents just saw it when they came home lmao.

IMGP0752.jpg

IMGP0753.jpg

im watchin this build now. gonna be sick once its done

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

so far so good.. but looks like your roof needs more deadner.. use all extra you got and throw it on the roof

other then that beasty sub smds are nice

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Roof is at least 3 layers thick everywhere, where it overlaps in the middle is more like 6-7. Like I said I got about 15 sheets left over, if I notice any problems I can patch em up. I'm thinking I'm going to have to put some down on the roof mount for the DVD player, that thing isn't going to stay tight.

u rcovered then.. well get this tyhing playin bro.. i want to see some vids, there is also another dude on here with an envoy 2 18's and 2 3500's pretty beastly..

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Roof is at least 3 layers thick everywhere, where it overlaps in the middle is more like 6-7. Like I said I got about 15 sheets left over, if I notice any problems I can patch em up. I'm thinking I'm going to have to put some down on the roof mount for the DVD player, that thing isn't going to stay tight.

it would be cool if you could like take the plastic off the dvd player and then deaden that too

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

Yea navi I can't wait to get this thing playing too, the sub has been sitting since I think feburary?

Craig I could probably do that if I needed to. There is a Y shaped bracket that mounts onto the roof with 3 screws, and then the DVD player mounts onto that bracket with 4 screws. The plastic housing is just a beauty panel basically.

Archived