Sonic Electronix

sub box for 2 15" FI SSD subs

well compared to the kenwoods the response is alot flatter instead of a peak around 50 hz... it gives a good idea how it will sound since you can change the tuning and box specs and look at the graph... kirill007.. are you familiar with Winisd, because I have been looking for a newer version for an updated database, if you know of a better program too the info. would be greatly appreciated .... and yeah I think BassBox Pro will give really close readings compared to vehicle resonance frequencies to get the box damn near perfect but I'm not spending the money they want for the software...

Yes, i'm quite familiar with Winisd.

But there is no newer version out yet, you need to type in the specifications yourself.

Not only resonant freqeuncy will affect the freqeuncy response, but also at where you are in the car and the way the waves will deflect from objects in the car.

Winisd is a good program to calculate tuning for a box and the port area.

But the graphs won't be correct, because it's the freq. response if the box is outside in the open air.(that's why the SPL reads so low.):P

I have never used bassbox pro, but looking at the price it should be better, but it's almost inpossible to make a program that will tell you the correct freqeuncy response.

EDIT: sometimes you will be lucky and it will turn out good. :peepwall:

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Yes, i'm quite familiar with Winisd.

But there is no newer version out yet, you need to type in the specifications yourself.

Not only resonant freqeuncy will affect the freqeuncy response, but also at where you are in the car and the way the waves will deflect from objects in the car.

Winisd is a good program to calculate tuning for a box and the port area.

But the graphs won't be correct, because it's the freq. response if the box is outside in the open air.(that's why the SPL reads so low.):P

I have never used bassbox pro, but looking at the price it should be better, but it's almost inpossible to make a program that will tell you the correct freqeuncy response.

EDIT: sometimes you will be lucky and it will turn out good. :peepwall:

oh lol ok. when i saw it i was like only 126 db for 2 15"!?

now im a little happier

yeah, you can put big power hungry subs on there and it will give a low rating... yeah typing in the specs pisses me off, especially if your trying to put in a low end sub that has hardly any company specs.

Tigolbity : I went to your profile and clicked the button to add you, have you checked your profile to see if you can accept it or whatever?

yeah, you can put big power hungry subs on there and it will give a low rating... yeah typing in the specs pisses me off, especially if your trying to put in a low end sub that has hardly any company specs.

Tigolbity : I went to your profile and clicked the button to add you, have you checked your profile to see if you can accept it or whatever?

yea i did

oh lol ok. when i saw it i was like only 126 db for 2 15"!?

now im a little happier

ur gonna wanna tune it around 30 or 32 hz

Introduce a no fat chicks in the whip rule.

Im gonna have tech force make up a sign that says that and put it on my car lol

you dont have to tho it says u can tune it around 31 to 35 if u please but i say tune it to 32

You probably wouldn't hear the difference between 32 and 33 hertz.

And most of the time if you build the box it won't be 100% perfect.(only if u do it for years, and take a lot of time to prepare.)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

You probably wouldn't hear the difference between 32 and 33 hertz.

And most of the time if you build the box it won't be 100% perfect.(only if u do it for years, and take a lot of time to prepare.)

i do take a lot of time to prepare. and ive been in carpentry for about 5 years so i know how to be precise.if i have it drawn with the measurements i can make it.

• 1 year later...

Archived