DC Sound Lab

need opinions (xl, 5, or something else)

I'm still in the planning stage now, but my newest plan is 4 10s in the cab of my Dakota. I was thinking 2 Crescendo 3kwps and 4 XL's (with full electrical of course) in a 8 cuft box, tuned to 30-32. But now I'm also looking at level 5 10s. Being in Kansas nobody has anything besides Alpine and Kicker, so I haven't heard either sub.

So, if this was your setup, would you do the XLs, or slightly underpower the 5s, or do something else completely? It will be my daily driver, no comps, probably demos every few days, not chasing numbers... Also, I'm trying to stay below the window line, so I'd like to stick with 10s, but a wall isn't COMPLETELY out of the question. A blow through is though (yes, I'm a pussy :) ) If I need to, I could get around 10 cuft without a wall, haven't checked what size I could do with a wall.

By the way, pricing on both (XLs, 5s)would be appreciated, I work long, messed up hours, so when I call DC, nobody answers. This is the earliest I've been home in 3 weeks lol 14 hour days SUCK, but they also help fund my system so.. :/

Thanks in advance guys

Edited by bassfiend316

Rusty or Thor can give you a price and take care of you(PM them). Also try calling them tomorrow, they have great customer service.

How many subs are you wanting and are you for sure getting the two Crescendo amps? I ask because some people call them level 4 XL's and you said "4 XL". Not sure if you meant 4 subs or 1 XL.

Edit: if you are wanting to do four 10's I would go with the XL's off of the amps you are getting/looking at.

Edited by memphisBred

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow

If you're going to do 5s, I'd do one of the Crescendo amps per sub, honestly, if not more. If you're going to do 4XLs...well, I'd still do one amp per sub. The 4XLs and 5s are both capable of taking 3k each if you set your gains properly.

If you're set on just the two amps, though, I'd go with the four 4XL 10s.

Rusty or Thor can give you a price and take care of you(PM them). Also try calling them tomorrow, they have great customer service.

How many subs are you wanting and are you for sure getting the two Crescendo amps? I ask because some people call them level 4 XL's and you said "4 XL". Not sure if you meant 4 subs or 1 XL.

Edit: if you are wanting to do four 10's I would go with the XL's off of the amps you are getting/looking at.

I agree. PM ThorsHammer, he'll probably get back to you within a few hours.

If you're going to do 5s, I'd do one of the Crescendo amps per sub, honestly, if not more. If you're going to do 4XLs...well, I'd still do one amp per sub. The 4XLs and 5s are both capable of taking 3k each if you set your gains properly.

If you're set on just the two amps, though, I'd go with the four 4XL 10s.

I agree with the bold statement. I would probably put the Level 5s on that power though, just to be safe, although they'll both take it.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Planning on 4 10s. Not for sure getting the amps, but for the price...I'm really leaning towards them. For right now, I'm only planning on the 2 amps, but later on, may upgrade to one per sub if I feel like I need it :) and if I can figure out how to cram more alts under the hood lol. Thanks guys, I guess I can start designing a box now.

Kinda off topic- I'm sure there are a few, but I've never seen a multiple alt setup on a truck like mine. I'm going to email Iraggi & DC in a few days, but in the meantime, anybody seen a setup for a 99 dakota, 3.9L?

edit- Naturally, Thor's PMs are full lol. I'll try again later, it'll probably be a few weeks before I need a real price anyways :(

Edited by bassfiend316

Meant to say "spls" in my last post. Damn predictive text on my phone...and I was thinking 12s at one point, but I kinda want to surprise all the people I know that say 10s are too small. So when their 4 15s in a prefab get out performed by some little 10s...lol.

Damn That's a long run on paragraph. And a lot to type on a fake keyboard haha. Thanks for the ideas tho. Keep em coming :D