need help figuring out why they did this

One Idea could be with this configuration that stock alternator has an internal voltage regulator tied into the ECU for the engine, my mazda has this setup and HO alternators or a higher voltage can end up damaging the ECU. Also in the configuration the second alternator can be a higher amperage (as shown) and adjustable voltage output for just the audio amps. The higher voltage will not damage any of the stock electrical using the isolator. Or could be a way of not breaking the vehicle warranty since you are adding a separate alternator and batteries for your car audio needs and not modifying the factor electrical system...

One Idea could be with this configuration that stock alternator has an internal voltage regulator tied into the ECU for the engine, my mazda has this setup and HO alternators or a higher voltage can end up damaging the ECU. Also in the configuration the second alternator can be a higher amperage (as shown) and adjustable voltage output for just the audio amps. The higher voltage will not damage any of the stock electrical using the isolator. Or could be a way of not breaking the vehicle warranty since you are adding a separate alternator and batteries for your car audio needs and not modifying the factor electrical system...

i really doubt that a shop will think THAT deeply into an install.

like i said, rip that shit out.

thats not a correct distribution center. your diagram shows that the stock alt goes to the car electronics and the other one goes to the audio equipment. rip out the isolator, that option only has benefits

i paid $12,000 for this system,and cant understand why they did this,,and why 1 run of 1/0 comming from alt to iso,,then two runs of 1/0 to the fuses,,then back into 1,,the fuse holder is even in backwards

Edited by doubleD

i paid $12,000 for this system,and cant understand why they did this,,and why 1 run of 1/0 comming from alt to iso,,then two runs of 1/0 to the fuses,,then back into 1,,the fuse holder is even in backwards

$12000?????? can you list some of the stuff you have?

and theres no way you can install a fuse holder backwards as far as i know. and yes that single to double back to single confuses me also.

You ment 1200...right? please say 1200..

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

kenwood 999

240 amp ohio alt

alarm

the entire thing is dynamated,

6 treo engineering tweets

2 treo 6.5s

2 image dynamics 6.5s

2 kicker cvt 6.5s

1 treo ssx 80.4 amp

1 treo cxt 4.1 amp

2 vmaxx charge tank batts

all wiring,and box