Second Skin Audio

Psyched About New Mag

Guest MegaloManiac

Guest MegaloManiac

So whos psyched up about the new Mag soon to come out? :) I am. I am waiting for the new bad boy to come out. I am definitely going to buy one as far as im concerend. Its said to be better than the current one, the current one is great, i dread giving up mine for an MX. But the new will have a new triple stacked magnet :D

I will try to stay on top of updates.

i havnt heard much about SI.....kinda off topic but i didnt know you lived in ft.worth area i saw it over at ***.....you want a 15"btl in a custom box.....you right down the road from me bro B)

edit...im in weatherford visiting my sis....houston is not right down the road lol

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

are you gonna buy the 12?

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

Guest MegaloManiac

i havnt heard much about SI.....kinda off topic but i didnt know you lived in ft.worth area i saw it over at ***.....you want a 15"btl in a custom box.....you right down the road from me bro B)

edit...im in weatherford visiting my sis....houston is not right down the road lol

i life in the DFW metro, but in North Texas towards Denton near the University of North Texas.

no thanks on the btl offer.

megalo is a sq guy i cant see him ever running a btl

Absolutely correct. You wont ever catch me running a BTL, as much as I like output I need my bass to blend in with the rest of my setup not mud it out :).

are you gonna buy the 12?

Yes

cheers

Guest MegaloManiac

The gist of the design of the new Mag's is basic:

Newer, bigger motor. (triple stacked BIG magnets)

New soft parts with lots of goodies (TBA) including Fibutron (protected/copyrighted) re-enforced cones.

Higher power handling.

The same SQ as before.

And of course a few un-mentionables that can only be experienced by actually listening to the driver.

• 2 months later...
Guest MegaloManiac

update

Well...you're going to get your wish. :)

I've been tossing around a few different designs and I'm going the route of a shallower driver, equally as efficient (if not more efficient), same power handling, and considerably improved SQ compared to our current Mag. Peak-to-peak excursion is going down by 0.6" but I think that's a small price to pay for how many improvements are being made to the Mag line.

Basically what's going to happen is this:

Improved SQ.

Smaller, more specific enclosure requirements.

Equal low-end capability to the current Mag.

Equal SPL ability.

Shallower mounting depth (by a full inch!)

Improved moving parts (cone, suround, spiders, vc leads, are all being upgraded with new, more linear, stronger, components)

its going to be great!

Archived