Second Skin Audio

Psyched About New Mag

Guest MegaloManiac

yea cleanness and tonal functionality / while still having loudness i think the only other sub i would put above it is the Aura one they had in the sub challenge. i mean theres alot of sq subs that sound better but they lack the output IMO

I know Accord, its how you match up the voice coil to the top plate, match the right spider stiffness, cone lightness- or weight, definitly proper glue's. Anyone can throw a alum former copper winding in to a motor and call it a day, but charicteristics of alum winding vcs are a lil better in spl/power design, copper coils are usually like 4 times the weight of an aluminum voice coil, wich wouldnt make sense in getting a cone that is lighter, because the voice coil already weighs like twice what the cone weighs. BL changes with how much weight is being moved, vc weight, and cone weight MMS, then you have to calculate CMS wich is the suspension pull of the spider, in comparison to the MMS, just dont see a BL of 18, The whole 3rd magnet has nothing to do with motor strength, it only allows the voice coil to have more motion- Honestly if they did a wider magnet/motor system, and just a really deep bump in the back, they could have jumped BL up 10 points

When I make speakers at home, I usually use a super light carbon fiber cone, a weighted aluminum inverted dome, on a HIGH BL proven motor/spider design 28-30BL, then slap this weighted cone on, then I have myself a 12" that has a BL of about 22 maybe 24 with a FS of like 22hz, but the the Qts goes up with the weighted cone- but when 22hz is emphasized, they make killer home audio subs, or low tuned ported boxes for cars-

Just rambling, but Iam sure the new models will be pretty kick ass- I like seeing new companies come up, and take business from the mainstream companies, thats definitly what SI is doing, so props to them

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

theold claw basket mags are alot different then current generation and upcoming. 5 years ago my bets were you had one of those.

4-5years ago it was still the 12 spoke spider basket, looked just like the one there, but had threaded vents on the top plate, going towards the vc gap ( was also thinking the threaded holes might have been for centering the voice coil, or an attempt at doing that to bypass using mylar shims)

That last post I posted, doubt anyone will make sense of it, because I edited it alot of times, as to not sound like a hater on SI, because Iam not

But main thing is, I was saying specs wise they look "Good" not the best in the world, but I know specs only mean about 50% the other 50% is box design, and signal

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

141.7 dB at 10 Hz are just a few of the results our Mag subwoofers have been able to accomplish.

WOW!

that was taken from the SI site.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

141 at 10hz? wtf?

how many subs you running, and what car?

thats pretty insane 20hz at 140 db is pretty damn hard too

sundown.jpg

ohh from the website

sundown.jpg

4-5years ago it was still the 12 spoke spider basket, looked just like the one there, but had threaded vents on the top plate, going towards the vc gap ( was also thinking the threaded holes might have been for centering the voice coil, or an attempt at doing that to bypass using mylar shims)

That last post I posted, doubt anyone will make sense of it, because I edited it alot of times, as to not sound like a hater on SI, because Iam not

But main thing is, I was saying specs wise they look "Good" not the best in the world, but I know specs only mean about 50% the other 50% is box design, and signal

i agree theres always something bigger or better. Myself i just find them a little more forgiving then most subs with box builder error and the like.

Archived