Second Skin Audio

New box for the DCs

I've been playing around with Torres box calc software and I came up with a new box design for my 18's. Let me know what you think, if its worth building or not.

26623840033_large.jpg

26623840034_large.jpg

So I have a new question regarding this box. I've started building the box last week. taking my time, making sure that everything goes together right this time. It feels good not having to rush through a box build when you don't have to. Anyway, when I was getting the port together for the box I noticed my 45 that I have at the bottom of the box was affecting the amount of distance my port end had against the back wall of the box. To explain it better, my port is 6 1/2 x 28 x 18, when I measure the distance from back wall of the box to the back of the port I get two numbers. Distance if measuring the top of the port is roughly 7 1/2 inches between end of port and back wall, however if I measure the bottom of the port end, my distance in only 4 3/4 inches. My question is how much will this affect my tuning? Should I sand the 45 down a bit?

The 45 cut was 4 x 47 1/2 x 3/4 if anyone wanted to know its measurements.

The front and the port are not glued in yet. Just fitment to see if I may have to cut the port or sand down the 45.

Front:

IMAG0035.jpg

Port:

IMAG0037.jpg

Port1:

IMAG0039.jpg

Port2:

IMAG0040.jpg

Edited by pervitizm

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

more port area.

Really? I'm at 156 and the minimum was like 154. What should I bump it up to? Around 180 to 190?

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

If I go from 6 inches on the port opening to 6.5 inches by port area goes from 156sqin to 160sqins, would that work?

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

What do you have for them know? And yes diffinatly make iit bigger

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

Well the current or old box was a dual chamber box so the port area for each sub was right around 80sqin to 88sqin per chamber. So I need to be right around the 176sqin area then? Cause that what I see if I combine the port area of the two ports I had on the old box.

Edited by pervitizm

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

I think if I go 6.5 x 28 that will give me a port area of 182sq inches with a port dept of 18inches. Will that work for what I need?

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

IMO your port is fine- bigger port MAY help but if your tight on space dont worry about it. My wall has ~140 for a pair of XL 18s and I think it sounded fine.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

• 3 weeks later...

When i first got my level 4s, Rusty said about 15 sq inch of port per cube, for the 15s...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Bump. Please look at the question in bold in the first post.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes