Sundown Audio

MA Audio HK-4000D

benz280se

folks i might be able to pick up a MA Audio HK-4000D for about $200 anybody have run this amp? have any opinions on it? i would like to get it i am already buying a kinitek 2000 i have another stock 1000ca big ass batt in the front and a 100a alt big three, and i might buy another kinetik2000. is it worth it? i have searched the forum and i havent come up with anything. is it a waste of money or good investment?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2713_MA+Audio+HK4000D.html

For spl they are okay, I have ran one daily and they dont really like daily. And they are massive current hogs

Dodge Magnum with custom 300c front end, laid out on air bags

*4) 12" Cadence Daytona walled

*1) AudioQue 20k

*270a DC Power Alt (Dual coming soon)

I had the 802sx a wile back ago in my blazer. had a 200a alt, stock front batt and two HC2400 batts on it. The amp loves power and is power hungry, they do rated power at 18v if i remember right or 17v or someting like that. they work good. I liked mine and miss mine sometimes. but they are just power hogs. I know some people that had the 4kw and they say the same thing. So if you have good battery reserve and strong electrical undre the hood. you should be fine.

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

thanks i want to run it daily, and i wasnt really going to compete and i would be happy just to get about 2000-2200 out of it. could it handle that without goin poof? i dont have the desire to run this full tilt and certainly dont wanna have to upgrade to 17-18v. so is 2000 daily an acceptable num to look for on the electrical i have?

thanks i want to run it daily, and i wasnt really going to compete and i would be happy just to get about 2000-2200 out of it. could it handle that without goin poof? i dont have the desire to run this full tilt and certainly dont wanna have to upgrade to 17-18v. so is 2000 daily an acceptable num to look for on the electrical i have?

i mean i know i could get more out of the amp but that would be too much. i dont play too loud very often but at the same time i also like to show off sometimes, i just would hate to run this amp at 13-14v and smoke it.

We all say we dont want to play it hard but we all do... The amp is nice rather power hungry tho... I did a build with one about 3yrs ago on 1-18in btl and he was running like 4 batts.. Mind you they were not xs power batts or anything but still ... Oh and he had a 250 amp alt, n it was wired to 1ohm... Still had voltage drop... I guess $200 for a working 4k isnt bad

2002 civic

2- 12in dc lvl5s

1- crescendo 3kwp ( 1 more on the way)

1- stock honda alt

4-xs d3100s

3-asa300.2 amps

6- PB 4XL's

4-PB l-3h tweets

and a bunch of other sh!t

the build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/74044-project-will-it-fit/

Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/slammedblackbish

when i had my amp i played it hard, nto gonna lie. the amp will do 2kw at one ohm no prob. but just be aware you will have some good drop. but its all in the instal and such. I beat mine hard. no problems, just don'tlet alot of dust get on the board, blow it off if it looks dusty haha

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

DO NOT RUN IT AT 1Ω IT WILL CATCH FIRE!! I PROMISE. Had it happen twice

Unless its modded to take it.

Dodge Magnum with custom 300c front end, laid out on air bags

*4) 12" Cadence Daytona walled

*1) AudioQue 20k

*270a DC Power Alt (Dual coming soon)

We all say we dont want to play it hard but we all do... The amp is nice rather power hungry tho... I did a build with one about 3yrs ago on 1-18in btl and he was running like 4 batts.. Mind you they were not xs power batts or anything but still ... Oh and he had a 250 amp alt, n it was wired to 1ohm... Still had voltage drop... I guess $200 for a working 4k isnt bad

lol i guess you're right about not plyin it hard, sometimes with my current system i will get on it for a few big bass songs then back off. but yeah 200 for a 4k amp i think i can work it out and baby it like i do my other amps. and if i decide it isnt workin for daily im sure someone here can do right by this amp :drinks:

lol yeah the one i did was modded to run at 1ohm.. Idk about stock ones, nvr had my hands on them..

2002 civic

2- 12in dc lvl5s

1- crescendo 3kwp ( 1 more on the way)

1- stock honda alt

4-xs d3100s

3-asa300.2 amps

6- PB 4XL's

4-PB l-3h tweets

and a bunch of other sh!t

the build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/74044-project-will-it-fit/

Youtube channel