Need medical advice... I think..

Alright I really dont know where else to ask about this but my face, specifically my cheek is bleeding... lol

IDK how it got this way but it bleeds when I hit/knock the scab/whatever off of it. Not intentionally though. Like last night somehow I hit it and woke up this morning with blood on my pillow, shirt, face. It was quite a bit. I took alcohol and cleaned the dry blood and the scab thing came completely off. I applied direct pressure to the wound for about 30-40 min hoping that would stop the bleeding. But it didn't stop it. It kept trickling.. :(

I don't wanna go to the E.R./hospital due to they are expensive. lol

I can get a pic if needed. I don't believe it was a pimple or anything like that. Face is pretty much acne free, no moles whatsoever, the hole/wound is about 2 inches down from eye and half inch over. Left side of face.

BTW, it is like a hole or whatever. Not a cut. Not from shaving. Maybe 1/16"-1/32" big. Very small. I do have it bandaged now for the time being.

Sorry for the weird post. lol

Derp.

Don't worry about it bro. It's most likely something that happened when you weren't paying attention. I know at work i'll come home with scars on my arms and hands that I didn't even know what happened or how they got there. Just put some neospporin on it and a bandaid (lol) and just keep it cleaned. Keep an eye on it too, and if it doesn't heal up or get better then go to the doc.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

You can try sugar to try and stop the bleeding.

How to stop bleeding

For small cuts, yes, sugar can help stop the bleeding. The sugar forms a paste with the blood and thus helps it clot more quickly. In addition, sugar has some antibacterial properties which will help the wound heal quicker. With larger wounds however, sugar tends to make you bleed more, so you should not apply sugar to such a wound till after the bleeding has stopped.

The antibacterial properties are what make sugar an effective home remedy for wounds, rather than any ability to stop bleeding, which as mentioned, is not always the case. Besides, for smaller wounds, there is usually no need to stop bleeding, as this happens naturally within a short time.

Honey is also recommended to stop bleeding and disinfect the wound. However, avoid using other home remedies such as cayenne pepper or spider webs. Some such remedies may infect the wound, while others may cause unnecessary pain without providing much benefit.

The best way to stop bleeding is to apply pressure to a wound. You can even simply use your fingers to do this, but make sure that your hands are clean. If you can, use a soft, clean, absorbent cloth instead, pressing down on the wound gently but firmly.

answered by G R on 22 Feb 2008, 5:35:17

ALSO if this problem persists or another one shows up or ANY other symptoms show up, GO SEE A DOC. You dont want it to be MRSA and die. MRSA is no joke and i beleive it causes sores like that.