DC Sound Lab

Ok i wanted to make it to were my dc audio level 3 15 could get a little bit louder and take more power. but i wanted to do it without upgrading to a dc audio level 4.what can i do to pretty much make my level 3 into a level 4 sub without buying a whole new sub.

My Car Audio Setup:

Sub: 1 RE Audio HC 15 Dual 2 ohm(soon to get a psi recone)

Daily Sub Box: 1.62 cubes net with 2 dayton audio 8 inch passive radiators tuned to 34.35 hz, 141.9 @ 48 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Competition Sub Box: 3.10 cubic ft. net tuned to 50.58 hz with 2 6 inch aeroports, 147.9 @ 62 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Amp: Powerbass ASA 1000.1 Dx(eventually gonna get a planet audio bb2400.1)

Big 3: Phoenix Gold 1/0 Gauge

Amp Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 gauge

Alternator: Stock 90 amp

Battery Under the hood: Autocraft Gold Top Battery

Battery In Back: None for now but I am looking for one so pm me if you have one for sale

HU: Pioneer DEH-2900MP

Front/Rear Amp: Hifonics Txi-4408 4 channel amp

Front Speakers: Orion Cobalt 6.5 coaxial

Rear Deck Speakers: Orion Cobalt 6x9 coaxial

Home Audio Setup:

Speakers:2 Cerwin Vega D-3's (10" Woofer,5 1/4" mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)

2 Cerwin Vega D-5's (12" Directed Audio Xtreme 124SX Subwoofer,5 1/4 mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)Kenwood center channel and rears.

Amp: 2 Kenwood KM-105's from 1985

Receiver: JVC RX-6008V 5.1 Channel Receiver

Pre-Amp: Kenwood KC-993

Sub: still looking for one thinking about getting a 18 or 15 for my sub to hit the lows if anyone has one pm me

I do free box designs if anyone is interested

more efficient box, more power. pretty much the only 2 ways to really get "louder" (there are exceptions)

What he said... Look around for some of the higher power builds on here using 10"s or 12"s. In most cases when adding power, they compensate with a smaller box to keep the cone under control. Honestly, if you aren't exactly sure as t what you're doing, you would probably be better off just buying a level 4. A lot of times you can pick up a barely used one off of here for the cheap. :)

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

i was thinking about building a box that is 4 cu ft after port displacement tuned to 35 hz and then i wanted to put dc level 4 soft parts on the level 3 so i could be able to put about 1200 watts rms to the sub. but i would like to know were i can get level 4 soft parts for the sub. does all of this sound like a good idea for me to be able to put 1200 watts rms to the sub.

My Car Audio Setup:

Daily Sub Box: 1.62 cubes net with 2 dayton audio 8 inch passive radiators tuned to 34.35 hz, 141.9 @ 48 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Competition Sub Box: 3.10 cubic ft. net tuned to 50.58 hz with 2 6 inch aeroports, 147.9 @ 62 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Battery In Back: None for now but I am looking for one so pm me if you have one for sale

Home Audio Setup:

Speakers:2 Cerwin Vega D-3's (10" Woofer,5 1/4" mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)

2 Cerwin Vega D-5's (12" Directed Audio Xtreme 124SX Subwoofer,5 1/4 mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)Kenwood center channel and rears.

Sub: still looking for one thinking about getting a 18 or 15 for my sub to hit the lows if anyone has one pm me

i was thinking about building a box that is 4 cu ft after port displacement tuned to 35 hz and then i wanted to put dc level 4 soft parts on the level 3 so i could be able to put about 1200 watts rms to the sub. but i would like to know were i can get level 4 soft parts for the sub. does all of this sound like a good idea for me to be able to put 1200 watts rms to the sub.

why? just get a level 4 if you are so concerned about power.

from DC...

by the way email rusty on how big the box should be. i asked him whether 1.5 or 2cuft per level 3 12 would work better. he said if im not burping it stick with the regular ported size (1.5) and dont go with the SPL ported size (2cuft)

why? just get a level 4 if you are so concerned about power.

from DC...

by the way email rusty on how big the box should be. i asked him whether 1.5 or 2cuft per level 3 12 would work better. he said if im not burping it stick with the regular ported size (1.5) and dont go with the SPL ported size (2cuft)

why did you tell me what size a 12 dc lvl 3 box should be when i was talking about getting a dc audio lvl 4 15?? O.o

My Car Audio Setup:

Home Audio Setup:

why did you tell me what size a 12 dc lvl 3 box should be when i was talking about getting a dc audio lvl 4 15?? O.o

you said you want to make a box that is 4cuft...which is the SPL Ported spec that is shown on DC's site. as i said before i emailed rusty asking whether i should use the SPL Ported specs or the regular ol' Ported specs. he said use the regular ported specs unless you plan on burping the woofer, then you use SPL ported specs. just sayin'