Sonic Electronix

Alright well I've been screwing around with my door panel designs and I just can never be happy with what I have. I get to the point where I'm just about to glass the overlay panel in and I get 2nd thoughts.

I currently have (Soundstream Pro Series) 3 SST-104 10's, 2 SST-654N 6.5's and 3 SST-05 in the panels. I dont have a pic of them right now but here's a pic of the one I had before which had only 3 10's and 2 tweeters.

0322002118.jpg

What I want to see is if ppl think i should try to cover the whole panel, meaning from the bottom of the window to the bottom of the door? Or should I keep it how it is and go from the armrest down.

I like the armrest down design because this is a daily driver and having an armrest is nice, but at the same time I could add a lot more speakers if I do the whole thing.

So if anyone has some suggestions feel free.

Team Soundstream

Team Xs Power

Team Secondskin Audio

Team Mechman

I cant believe your putting 10's in the doors, let alone three in each!!!

but going that far on them, I vote for glassing the whole door. I am squeezing in an 8" sub three 6.5's, and three tweets and thought I was pushing it for space. your doors are going to be f$%#ing sick! cant wait for the other pics :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

me personally i like having on armrest! get a pic of the panels now.

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

I would leave the arm rest in. That way it's stylin' and comfertable. :good: thumbs up on getting 3 10" in there.

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel

me personally i like having on armrest! get a pic of the panels now.

here, 0410002058.jpg

I what's also tempting me to change it up is that I just got in my shipment of the SST-804N Neo 8's, and they're my new favorite speaker. Has the capability to play as high as the 6.5's but also can play lower so I wanted to use these somewhere in my cab. I guess if I can't get them in the door panels I'll just put them in the center console, or hell they can even fit in the kicks :)

Team Soundstream

Team Xs Power

Team Secondskin Audio

Team Mechman

I reckon you keep the arm rest and do what you did ^there with the 3 10"s and 2 6.5"s but put some tweeters above the armrest, otherwise it will look a bit empty with 3 10"s and 2 6.5"s down the bottom and nothing up top.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

I found a solution to my problem, I'm going to make 2 different panels lol. I'll have a full panel for shows, (I'm thinking 6 10's with 6.5's) and then the one pictured above for daily. I see it as I would only need to run a few more wires through the door and I can get those door panels at a junk yard for $10 a pop.

Team Soundstream

Team Xs Power

Team Secondskin Audio

Team Mechman