Sonic Electronix

I've been planning my system for a while now, and up until recently was assured I would be making at least $4k this summer. However, that has changed, and I won't be making nearly as much.

Whereas I was going to be getting 2 12" BLs this month, and building a box, I realized today that I'll be stuck with my Kicker CVRs for a while.

So, I was thinking today, should I wait until I can build a "real" system, with good subs, or should I build a ported box for my CVRs?

I have a design for the CVRs, its about 6 cubes, but I had to guess on sub displacement. From what I gathered on the internet, a 12" kicker has a displacement of about .2 cubes. Can anyone verify that? If that's wrong, then the box design I made is all off.

The main thing I was worried about, is should I "waste" the time, money, and labor to build a ported box for the CVRs, or would it be best to wait a few months until I get some good subs?

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

^^ Bro, If you are an Audiophile like almost ALL of us on this forum than that means you LOVE YOUR SOUNDS. Yeah bro build a box. I mean what is it gonna cost you $40 in some materials and some of your free time? Then when you get your money right, do it up big with some BTL's and such. Definitely, do it if you have the time. At least you will get to bang a little bit for the summer!

-Baseline

Edited by Baseline

build it!!!!!!!!!

unless your scared! <_<

lol but really if i was you i would spend the money and build the box for now, and save up for the BLs and other stuff

dont it :angry: now! or you will get the :ban2: lol jk

I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...

build it!!!!!!!!!

unless your scared! <_<

lol but really if i was you i would spend the money and build the box for now, and save up for the BLs and other stuff

dont it :angry: now! or you will get the :ban2: lol jk

:ban2: for grammar lol

Edited by t-money

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

Really?

And alright, I guess I'll go ahead and build. However, I still won't be doing doing that for a week or two. I'll be posting my design and stuff to make sure I'm not wayyy off on anything, so I don't start building an fuck it up. But if I'm off by a little bit, I won't worry about it, since these are just some CVRs, and don't plan on this being a good build.

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Really?

And alright, I guess I'll go ahead and build. However, I still won't be doing doing that for a week or two. I'll be posting my design and stuff to make sure I'm not wayyy off on anything, so I don't start building an fuck it up. But if I'm off by a little bit, I won't worry about it, since these are just some CVRs, and don't plan on this being a good build.

yea lol sorry for that post i type out another message and i decided not to post it sorry lol

I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...

Build it up so you got some jams during the summer, i mean i had this plan for my system, then lost my job, so i made the best of what i already have in the mean time.

I mean, I already have a sealed box for these, and I'm just trying to determine whether its really worth it to build a ported box.

Yeah, it would be more fun, probably louder, and maybe I would do hair tricks too.

But I mean, I won't be doing any comps or anything, so is going ported really worth it?

Just want some more input.

2008 Subaru Forester XT