Sonic Electronix

So. I have 3 12" Kicker CVRs, which are 2 ohm DVC. They are currently wired series/parallel, for a total ohm load of 1.34ohms.

I just want to know, if I were to run them at 1.34ohms on a 1000 watt amp (namely a Rockford Fosgate P1000-1bd), how many watts would each subs be seeing?

And could you tell me how you get to whatever number it is that you tell me?

Thanks.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

look at the birthsheet. you'll get whatever the rms is between the 1 ohm and 2 ohm load ratings, leaning towards the 1 ohm number instead of exactly in the middle of the 2.

look at the birthsheet. you'll get whatever the rms is between the 1 ohm and 2 ohm load ratings, leaning towards the 1 ohm number instead of exactly in the middle of the 2.

^^^ This. To get a more accurate idea, subtract the 2 ohm wattage from the 1 ohm wattage, multiply it by 2/3, then add it to the 2 ohm wattage.

Example: 1000w rms @ 1 ohm, 500w rms @ 2 ohm

1000 - 500 = 500

500 * 2/3 = 333

500 + 333 = 833

It's not exact but it'll get you kinda close to where you're at. No real way to know without clamping it.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

So, in theory, that would mean I would only be getting about 277 watts per sub? (Mathematically speaking.)

Meh, probably lots more than that. The T1000bd puts out at least 1200 rms @ 1 ohm (I've seen birthsheets that say nearly 1600 rms @ 1 ohm), so I'd say your subs will be getting up near their rms rating. The CompVR is rated at 400 rms (the new model) so if your amp does around 1400 rms @ 1 ohm, your subs will see about 400 rms a piece.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

Meh, probably lots more than that. The T1000bd puts out at least 1200 rms @ 1 ohm (I've seen birthsheets that say nearly 1600 rms @ 1 ohm), so I'd say your subs will be getting up near their rms rating. The CompVR is rated at 400 rms (the new model) so if your amp does around 1400 rms @ 1 ohm, your subs will see about 400 rms a piece.

he is talkin about the p1000.1 all the p1000's iv seen the birthsheet says 1300 to 1400. the one i had was 1407

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

1250 is what I usually guestimate most p1000's to be also.

Not as strong as the t1000; but not a bad amp tho.

Clicky for build log....

2002 Tahoe

DC Power Inc 3 alt bracket with 2x230a. alts 1 stock

Eclipse CD5030

2 JL HD 600/4

4 Rockford Fosgate 2500bdcp's

4 DC Audio 18" XL's

4 Pr MB Quart Premium Components

200FT Stinger HPM 1/0

Rockford 360.2

No where near enough sound deadening

Oh, my bad. Totally missed that I was looking at the wrong amp. It's all good though. As long as your amp is above 1200 rms @ 1 ohm you should be all set. Thanks for catching that guys! :good:

wtf is lolcats?