Voltage is all over the place

That is not going to work, XS power does not offer a VCM to work with the 2005 and newer 2 pin regulator.

2005 and newer vehicles with the square 2 pin regulator use and inductive load sensing pickup to determine how much amperage is flowing to the battery. Based off of this data, the ECM will lower the voltage as low as 13.0 volts. This was an intentional engineered function by GM to increase battery and alternator life, as well as fuel economy when cruising. Any time you do the "Big 3" upgrade to these vehicles, it creates additional current paths for alternator current to "sneak" by the sensor, which only worsens the problem.

If you absolutely HAVE to have higher voltage going to your amps, adding a second, independent alternator is the best bet. We generally add a second 270 amp alternator next to the OEM alternator, leaving all of the stock wiring, alternator, and front battery stock to power the truck. We then run dedicated positive and ground cables from the secondary alternator to a separate battery bank in the back of the truck. The vehicle's computer is completely unaffected by the secondary charging system, so it can safely charge 12 volt batteries at 14.9 volts, or 14 volt batteries as high as 17.2 volts.

M.

Well sir you are correct. I got my VCM on Friday and it does not work with my two pin connector. Do you all have a kit for adding a 270 to my truck?

Thanks for the info. I just wish I would have seen it before I bought the XS piece.

2013 Tahoe PPV

Pioneer

XS Power

Tru Technologies

Digital Designs

Precision Power

Well sir you are correct. I got my VCM on Friday and it does not work with my two pin connector. Do you all have a kit for adding a 270 to my truck?

Thanks for the info. I just wish I would have seen it before I bought the XS piece.

MLA makes one... As Matthew said your other option is to run a second alt that's like an AD244 and dedicate that to your system. I'm in the same boat as you, but I'm going with an MLA shortly and not isolating an alternator. I run a DR44 (technically it's an AD244 but setup like a DR44) in the factory location with an AD244 as secondary.

That MLA is my only hope because I can't get all of this wire through that negative inductive pickup, it's just impossible. :(

Call him up, Matthew is quick to respond. I just got a 270 from him a week or so ago.

I was at carlisle this weekend and a guy with a trail blazer ss was having to deal with the same shit and was told there is no support from xspower on it. I believe the case is a cs 1344 ( I THINK) or something like that where it does not fit any other chevy engine except that.

The alts are DR44's with a 2 plug 2 wire regulator. MLA does have a module for it (with a harness to match DR44 w/ an AD244 slave) which I'm going to try out once I sell off this second skin later this week. I too have a TBSS...

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Yeah we have 'em, in stock. Check your PMs

Archived