Second Skin Audio

Fi Q and Fi BL Together?

What the hell does that mean?! Are you saying that I have low standards for bass?! :bull:

Naw Type R's aren't bad and can rape a bedroom easily, but people here think they're junk.

Mids/Highs: stock Bang & Olufsen

Lows: Image Dynamics IDMax 12v.3

Power: Sony Xplod XM-D9001GTR:Knukonceptz 4 gauge

Box: 1.75 cu/ft Sealed

Past: Pioneer Premier TS-W1207 (2)/ Rockford Fosgate P210/ Image Dynamics ID10V.3/ Infinity Reference 311A/ Audiopipe AP-18001D

I dont know... I just see that it is for sound quality, not hard ebating bass, so I figured it would be clean, but ont deep and hard hitting... I guess 1kw is more than enough for a 144 sq. ft. bedroom...

Oh, and I dont have money yet, but I really wanna do this, and I will save up, b;us maybe ask for Christmas or something... I dont know yet...

Its all about the box design.. build a tline to the woofers FS... put it in the corner of your room... it will hit hard and low...

but i agree with what was stated... for a room... an 8in sub would be enough... unless you dont have neighbors and your parents dont mind bass that rattles your entire house...

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack

Its all about the box design.. build a tline to the woofers FS... put it in the corner of your room... it will hit hard and low...

but i agree with what was stated... for a room... an 8in sub would be enough... unless you dont have neighbors and your parents dont mind bass that rattles your entire house...

I dont mind pissing off my neighbors (theyre all snobs) and my parents (im always annoying them)...

I dont know... I just see that it is for sound quality, not hard ebating bass, so I figured it would be clean, but ont deep and hard hitting... I guess 1kw is more than enough for a 144 sq. ft. bedroom...

Oh, and I dont have money yet, but I really wanna do this, and I will save up, b;us maybe ask for Christmas or something... I dont know yet...

I dont mind pissing off my neighbors (theyre all snobs) and my parents (im always annoying them)...

You admit that your parents are annoyed by you and you expect them to buy you a $230 subwoofer to put in your room?

Also, assuming you are actually ever going to build this, get a Fi Q 10", make a T-line tuned to its FS, put it in the corner of your room on a 1kw amp, and enjoy it. You will never need anything bigger than a 10" in a 12'x12' room. My room is 13'x13' and I have an 8" in a little ported box on 100 watts and it is loud enough for everyone in the basement to hear and I'm on the second story.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

You admit that your parents are annoyed by you and you expect them to buy you a $230 subwoofer to put in your room?

Also, assuming you are actually ever going to build this, get a Fi Q 10", make a T-line tuned to its FS, put it in the corner of your room on a 1kw amp, and enjoy it. You will never need anything bigger than a 10" in a 12'x12' room. My room is 13'x13' and I have an 8" in a little ported box on 100 watts and it is loud enough for everyone in the basement to hear and I'm on the second story.

My parents get annoyed with me, but they still get me stff alot... They get me little things that I want every few week... If I dont ask for stuff, they might be willing to drop that kinda cash on a sub for me... Not to mention I am 12, so I can do little odd jobs here and there like yard work and crap...

And as far as your 8"... :peepwall: I am planning on running 2 10' Fi Q subs on 2kw total... I will never get it that loud, I'm sure...

And as far as your 8"... :peepwall: I am planning on running 2 10' Fi Q subs on 2kw total... I will never get it that loud, I'm sure...

I wasn't bragging about my 8" sub, I was saying that you don't need 2 10"s or 2 12"s on 2000 watts to make your room loud. Mine's louder than I need and it is smaller than most bookshelf speakers. It'd be a much better idea to get something like 1 8" or 1 10" sub. It takes up half the room that 2 subs would and leaves you more money to do things like actually make a good box, get a higher quality amp, and get some other real speakers and an amp to hook it up to. If you're putting 1000 watts of bass into your room you won't hear your 5 watt desktop speakers.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

I wasn't bragging about my 8" sub, I was saying that you don't need 2 10"s or 2 12"s on 2000 watts to make your room loud. Mine's louder than I need and it is smaller than most bookshelf speakers. It'd be a much better idea to get something like 1 8" or 1 10" sub. It takes up half the room that 2 subs would and leaves you more money to do things like actually make a good box, get a higher quality amp, and get some other real speakers and an amp to hook it up to. If you're putting 1000 watts of bass into your room you won't hear your 5 watt desktop speakers.

They're going in my headboard, as I have said before. I also have another thread about the pillars I am building.

I'll agree with this. I'm in a MUCH larger room with 1 12 and 120 watts, and I'm happy with the loud factor. Though the low factor is another story...

But nobody is going to convince you of anything. You are asking for opinions when you already have your mind made up.

Get the 2 Fi Qs and rattle everything in your house. Maybe after the police are called a couple times you'll realize why this was a bad idea.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Archived