Infinity Kappas, headroom?

I recently ordered a set of Infinity 4629CFP speakers, which are the Kappa series 4x6 plate speakers

They are listed as running 60 watts RMS, and i was just wondering the possibility of there being any headroom there?

The reason i ask is i have an amp that i was planning on throwing on them that is supposed to put out 90 RMS per 4ohm channel.

Does anybody have experience with these speakers, or Infinity speakers in general, that could tell me whether or not thats too much juice for 'em?

I dont think I would push them that far. thats 50% more power than recommended. what kind of power would you get to them if you ran both speakers off one channel? at 2 ohms?

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

lol, you're good bro. Im pushing 110 watts to my kappa 5 1/4 and 6x9 and they're taking it like a champ.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

As long as they're high-passed and not getting dirty signal or power you'll be fine. For perspective, I have a set of MB Quarts rated at 35rms, and at one time each one was getting 125. I should mention that I accidentally clipped them once and blew a crossover cap, but that was an easy fix.

Too many projects, too little time...

As long as they're high-passed and not getting dirty signal or power you'll be fine. For perspective, I have a set of MB Quarts rated at 35rms, and at one time each one was getting 125. I should mention that I accidentally clipped them once and blew a crossover cap, but that was an easy fix.

Too many projects, too little time...

• 3 weeks later...