Infinity Kappas, headroom?

No Kappas are not 2 ohm. Check your speakers with a DMM and get back to me.

he just said he checked

OP, they will be fine off that much power. 1st off you probably dont have the volume up full tilt all the time so its not seeing that much power very often. i ran 150w to a 50w comp set. worked perfectly fine for a year until i upgraded. they still sound great.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Headroom is in relation to the amp/s, not the speakers. The speakers will reach their mechanical limits at which point, we all know will start to do harm to them. Due to the speakers limitations, it might "cap" the headroom you could get. I don't know if I said that in a way in which one could understand.

www.phoenixphorum.com

Setup

HU: Eclipse AVN6620

Amp: Audison LRx5.1k

Mids: 6 1/2" Silver Flute's

Tweets: Clarion SSS601

No rears

Subs: (2) TREO SSi12.22's

Processing: Audio Control DQS, Phoenix Gold BassCube

Clarion Collector

HEAD UNITS:

7770 w/920EQ w/2nd 920EQ display

ADCS-1 w/CDC605

5780CD

DRX9375r w/DPH9300

DRX9575Rz w/DPH7500z* (*1 of2)

DRX9675z (2X)

AutoPC 310

HX-D10 w/DPH910

DXZ615 w/DPH7500z* (*2 of 2)

CDC655

DRX8275 w/DPH9100

DRX7475

5632CD

AMPS:

A007-w

1800A

A1200

A500

APA4200

APA4320

APX400.4M

SPEAKERS:

SSS601 (2X)

SRC4650

SRC5752

SEC571

SEW5107

Kappas are decent speakers. They are closer to 3 ohm then 2. Hooked up the DMM to my old Kappas and got a 3 ohm reading.

ever measure the resistance of the DMM leads?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

ever measure the resistance of the DMM leads?

Sure have bro. Funny that Infinity claims the Kappas are 2 ohm but on the box it also says they are 4 ohm. Typo maybe? I think not. If the Kappas were true 2 ohm speakers, the majority of head units wouldn't be able to power them. Every head unit, even my old ass Pioneer from 1912 powered my old Infinity Kappas. Since then I have moved onto bigger and better speakers, but for the money they are nice. They are on the harsh side so using your EQ is a must.

The King.

Sure have bro. Funny that Infinity claims the Kappas are 2 ohm but on the box it also says they are 4 ohm. Typo maybe? I think not. If the Kappas were true 2 ohm speakers, the majority of head units wouldn't be able to power them. Every head unit, even my old ass Pioneer from 1912 powered my old Infinity Kappas. Since then I have moved onto bigger and better speakers, but for the money they are nice. They are on the harsh side so using your EQ is a must.

I'm just curious, what are you the King of?

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

stop talking. the reason they make 2 ohm speakers is because the resistance of the small gauge wire and the long runs of them going to the headunit increase the resistance closer to 4 ohms. HERP DERP MAKES SENSE DOESNT IT. my infinity speakers were not even a tad harsh so i dont know what the hell you are talking about queen sick.