finally got my amp today, ill install it and hopefully get a vid of these little guy in action and hopefully working alight

i cant test them at my apartment, so ill have to wait til later when im out

got it hooked up and running, gonna go get the cam and do a vid, its getting dark thoug so hopefully there will be some light left, ill also try to get a vid of my 15s going too

although ill prolly end up keeping them in a free air environment, this was a fun experiment, they do sound pretty good, but i can already tell they hit harder in free air or so it seems, i was also pushing more watts to them in free air

FAIL

cant get a vid because something happened to the 6x9s

instead of a thud when bass hits there is now a squeak, lol

i either did not see this when researching the amp before buying or it was not given as info, but the amp is bridged internally to be at 2 ohms, and at 2 ohms its over twice the power them subs are rated at, so maybe thats the cause of the problem with the 6x9s

so i wont be able to test them until i get a amp to run them at 4 ohms also based on the issues on them, i may have to get at least one of them fixed

cliffs, you wired it wrong and blew the by nines?

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

well i only planned on playign them at 4 ohms, but i didnt realize until ti was too late, the terminals on the amp are bridged internally to be at a 2 ohm load, according to manual of the amp, it would have made the 6x9s at a 2 ohm load because of that and the power the amp puts at at 2ohms per sub is about 290 rms and the subs were only rated at 150rms at 4 ohms, and they suggest 100 rms for daily use

so not sure what i could have done to get them to be able to be played on that amp

facepalm.gif

im going to tell you since you cant take a hint. Either post something worthwhile or don't post. I deleted this twice already for a reason.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

No trolling allowed?

no

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

2 or 4 ohms would play on that amp fine just the thd gos up and the amp pushes more power with proper setting it would have been fine

if you could get 6x9s cheap I would keep playing you learn more that way there is no replacment for experiance and the more you do the more exp. You get

Sorry for the bad spelling but I'm on my phone so I'm not going to fix it ;)

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived