Alright, not much to really show off, because this is my first time using power tools let alone building something with them, however the final product was not bad. I have had two 6x9 subs for a while now and wanted to put them in a box, I previously had them just sitting in the rear deck like normal 6x9s, and they sounded great, but I was curious how they would sound in a box and I particularly like the concept of quaterwave t-lines, but I also wanted these to be sitting in the floor of my back seat, one each behind driver and passenger seats. So due to size restrictions and my stubbornness, I made a 1/16th wave t-line instead. Recommended inside cubic feet was around .5 and I got just under .6, so that is close. I needed 42.39 square inches of port for a length of 1.79 feet. I ended up with 42.75 square inches of port for 1.67 feet. The Fs of the subs is 40Hz and I used forevrbumpn's equations in the quaterwave/t-line thread to come up with my numbers. I do not have an amp yet, as its in the mail, its a rockford fosgate p500, according to specs, it should put about 160rms at 4 ohms to each sub, and they are rated at 150, i previously put 400 rms to each of these subs for about a month. Note: I did not know much of audio then, so once I did some reading, I quickly stopped that, it cant be good to overload subs that long.

Here is the sub itself before I finished the box, I was sizing it up, making sure it fit right.

070510135938.jpg

070510175327.jpg

070510175347.jpg

As you can see, I do need to apply another coat of paint, however I am thinking about carpeting it instead, to match the interior of my car.

Once I get my amp, I will try to get a video of these things working, I have an HD cam but not sure how well it will capture the sound. I have the grille that came with the speakers on them right now, but I will take them off when doing the vid.

never seen anything like this before how do they sound?

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

amp is in the mail, so once it is here i will hook it up

it actually the rockford fosgate prime r500 amp

due to my being very all, i dont think the subs will work sitting behind my seat on floor, so i am thinking of putting them in trunk with my 15s

but i may edit the box to make it one solid box, i was thinking of facing the boxes towards each other and sealing in the area around the sub itself and leaving the ports as they are, not sure what effect that will have, but i will preview them as they are now so I have something to compare to

interesting experiment but you do know the main peak of these boxes will be 640hz correct?

40hz is the 5th loudest octave. should be an interesting sound

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

interesting experiment but you do know the main peak of these boxes will be 640hz correct?

40hz is the 5th loudest octave. should be an interesting sound

^^^ This. I'm not sure why you made a 1/16th wave t-line. It wont play subwoofer frequencies with any sort of power. In fact, assuming you use a standard low-pass filter of around 80hz for a subwoofer, it will barely make any noise at all. With such space restrictions you're much better going with a standard ported box.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

this is definatly somethin ive never seen before lol

Ride-1996 Toyota 4Runner Limited Edition

Head Unit-Alpine iXA-W404

Front Speakers-Memphis M-Class 6 1/2 Oversize

Subs-2 DC Lvl 4xl 15's

Amps-2 Sundown 3500d's

Batteries-2 Batcap 2000's

240 amp Iraggi Alternator

Wiring-Memphis 0 Gauge Kit

Extra-Compustar Alarm/Remote Start/Keyless Entry