2 or 4 ohms would play on that amp fine just the thd gos up and the amp pushes more power with proper setting it would have been fine

if you could get 6x9s cheap I would keep playing you learn more that way there is no replacement for experience and the more you do the more exp. You get

Sorry for the bad spelling but I'm on my phone so I'm not going to fix it ;)

no worries, thanks for advice, those 6x9s were 100 for the pair, they played great in free air, i just wondered how they would sound in a box, but i think the amp pushed too many rms to them, gain goes form 1-11 and i had it at 3-4

i need to get all new components for doors and tweeters too, and install new 6x9s, ill prolly wait and do it all together, i want to build a new rear deck though, the original one is kind of messed up form when i had those 6x9s installed in it, the basket was too big for the hole, so i had to do some cutting and now i doubt i could fit other 6x9s in unless they had same basket size

@n8ball i wondered why every 5-10 min it said there was a new post but it kept being the same one

i dont see the point in doing that, just annoying

Man I was waiting to see this vid too. I have some Infinity kappas that i cant seem to get right. Supposedly they are supposed to sound crisp and and with a lil thump but with three different amps they did not work as i thought. I must of been doing something wrong. I might try a box too!, but a prefab.

2012 GMC SIerra CC

System Build

Headunit--Stock

Sub Amp--DC 2.0k

Subs--2-SA8v2's

Enclosure--Need one made!!

Highs Amp--Sundown SAX-100.4

Front Highs--Rockford Fosgate T2652-S

Rear--Sundown Neo Pro 6.5

XS Power D2400--XS D3400

No Big Three yet!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/raolito1980

yea, really sucked

im gonna build a new rear deck in my car, i try and add an enclosure on the backside of it, see if it helps with performance, but at the least i could change it and keep them in free air

i may try that

i still have 1 that works at full capacity, im thinking of talking to a friend who has a less powerful amp and seeing if ic an use tit o see how it works in the box with a better matched amp

i wont be able to get any new speakers for a while, as college is starting back up soon, but ill keep my boxes so i can test again when i get the equipment

Archived