Sundown Audio

let me get this straight...

We do need some type of budget. Those subs(assuming two 12's) are "about" $400. That AQ2200 is about 380. You need 0g wiring with the big 3, and a run of pos and neg front to back and a extra battery (not suggesting a certain one) but wiring is going to cost you about $150-200 depending on brand, and about $2-300 for a extra battery which you do NEED to give the amp the power it wants. I think I got everything now. And the AudioPipe 1500 would work fine. What wattage to run is all dependent on the user. Just because a sub is rated at X watts doesn't mean it HAS to have that. It just means the company making the sub has tested it and say it will run off of X watts just fine with no issues. You could run it on 300 watts if you wish you just won't get the full potential out of it. And by running more power to it your not necessarily hurting the sub as long as you do it correctly and don't clip the signal. There's plenty of people here on SMD alone that run a few 1,000watts over what their subs are rated but they know what they are doing with experience "for the most part" with those two subs though and assuming this is one of your first "real" installs?.. Any where between 1200-2000 is a good and safe starting point.

Edited by Robert8252

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

well i would recommend the sundown saz-1500. you may be able to get a refurbished one on db-r.com or they sell used for $300. they will easily take more abuse than the other mentioned amps.

audiopipe cant run below 1ohm (never owned one but i cringe every time some one recommends them, i dont believe they are not crap yet)

audioque cant run below .5

sundown works at .25ohm

not that any of them should be ran under 1ohm it just shows you what amp is built tougher. the sundown amps are also known to do a few hundred watts more than rated.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

get dual 1 ohm subs and get a audiopipe 1500 wire the subs in series parallel and you will be set

What if he doesn't want a piece of garbage for an amp? To the OP, the SSD's should take 1k daily if you aren't crazy with it and don't clip them. The audioque 2200 is a good choice or an sundown 1500d. But I would stay away from the audiopipe.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

What if he doesn't want a piece of garbage for an amp? To the OP, the SSD's should take 1k daily if you aren't crazy with it and don't clip them. The audioque 2200 is a good choice or an sundown 1500d. But I would stay away from the audiopipe.

hahaha, ya thats my opinion of audiopipe too.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

We do need some type of budget. Those subs(assuming two 12's) are "about" $400. That AQ2200 is about 380. You need 0g wiring with the big 3, and a run of pos and neg front to back and a extra battery (not suggesting a certain one) but wiring is going to cost you about $150-200 depending on brand, and about $2-300 for a extra battery which you do NEED to give the amp the power it wants. I think I got everything now. And the AudioPipe 1500 would work fine. What wattage to run is all dependent on the user. Just because a sub is rated at X watts doesn't mean it HAS to have that. It just means the company making the sub has tested it and say it will run off of X watts just fine with no issues. You could run it on 300 watts if you wish you just won't get the full potential out of it. And by running more power to it your not necessarily hurting the sub as long as you do it correctly and don't clip the signal. There's plenty of people here on SMD alone that run a few 1,000watts over what their subs are rated but they know what they are doing with experience "for the most part" with those two subs though and assuming this is one of your first "real" installs?.. Any where between 1200-2000 is a good and safe starting point.

ya i meant budget on the components (sub, amp, hu, etc.). i kno ill be spendin on wires batts and all that. ima be gettin a 2nd battery for sure. and what u mean by my first install. i already have somethin goin on in my car jus not the best ha. even tho my frends have said it slaps pretty dam hard haha but thats cuz they havent really heard any other systems. so ya im excited for this. first i mite jus get one ssd then later on ill get the second one and build a box. first i gota upgrade the speakers. them kenwoods arent doin justice lol

Yea Sundown and AudioQue are your best bets. As far as Headunits id look at Alpine,Kenwood and Eclipse and for Speakers inside i would look at Like Memphis or RE

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

hahaha, ya thats my opinion of audiopipe too.

well i run an audiopipe 1500 and i have had no problems so far and is working great. in the next few weeks it will have a 15" btl on it so we will see how it performs with that. a friend thats on these forums is running 3 15" ssd's on the ap1500 and is performing great to. i dont understand why you say junk when it puts out rms if you have the voltage to back it up just like any other amp. either you both have never ran one to see how well they work or your just fanboys of high dollar shit whick everybody cant afford.

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...