alt has been makin noise for a few days now, figured it would fry but i didnt think it would start on fire. on my way home from the store it started smelling really bad, had like 3 miles to go. when i got home i opened the hood to see what the alternator and belt looked like and to my surprise it was on fire lol. so my 12 12's is gna be put on hold for a couple more weeks so i can get a 200 amp alt for the truck. wanted to get subs first then alt but shit happens. wish i coulda got pics but i didnt want the fire to burn anything else lol

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

alt has been makin noise for a few days now, figured it would fry but i didnt think it would start on fire. on my way home from the store it started smelling really bad, had like 3 miles to go. when i got home i opened the hood to see what the alternator and belt looked like and to my surprise it was on fire lol. so my 12 12's is gna be put on hold for a couple more weeks so i can get a 200 amp alt for the truck. wanted to get subs first then alt but shit happens. wish i coulda got pics but i didnt want the fire to burn anything else lol

I remember my buddys alt did that LOL!

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

It started smelling bad? Isn't that the point when you pull over and check it? Maybe if you had 3, or even 30 feet then you keep driving. You should be really glad you didn't get home and get out and your whole car be on fire..

Especially whenever you *knew* something was wrong with it..

Edited by somerandomguy