Second Skin Audio

Box Volume

Joeskey

Ok so this is probably a dumb question. say a subwoofer needs a box with 3.sq feet, so if there are 2 subs then the box is still 3.sq feet right?

Also what happens if u put a subwoofer in a box that the "volume" of the box is high, but tuned to 35hz?

Just random stuff thats been on my mind, i thought i would ask, hell u dont get anywhere without questions!

894.jpgfrontbumper.jpgfunny.jpg

"never drive faster then your guardian angel flies... good think my guardian angel drives a twin turbo ed beast"

"its time has come for those who are different to stand united"

Ok so this is probably a dumb question. say a subwoofer needs a box with 3.sq feet, so if there are 2 subs then the box is still 3.sq feet right?

Also what happens if u put a subwoofer in a box that the "volume" of the box is high, but tuned to 35hz?

Just random stuff thats been on my mind, i thought i would ask, hell u dont get anywhere without questions!

K for one 3.sq feet is area not volume :P but if one sub need 3 cubic feet then two of the subs need 6 cubic feet. The size and length of a port determine the tuning and will change with the internal volume of the box. for example (these are not real number)...say a box is 1 cu foot and the port is 3"x4" and 8" long and its tuned to 35 hz; now if you increase the volume to 2 cubic feet and the port stays the same size the tuning just changed drastically.

Like i said those are make up numbers.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

thank you both for answering my question! i really did think it was a dumb question lol

894.jpgfrontbumper.jpgfunny.jpg

"never drive faster then your guardian angel flies... good think my guardian angel drives a twin turbo ed beast"

"its time has come for those who are different to stand united"

Archived