Sonic Electronix

alright im new here,

my names alistair

i just thought about coming here earlier on today cause ive always known who steve meade was, always seen the tahoe, flexin the used car dealership windows and shit..

gangster shit.. so for anyone who helps out i appreciate it

alright i got a 05 silverado extended cab

and 2 12's kickers and 2 10 memphis's

i just took the 10's out and am leaving the 12's, so i was thinkin about my ohms now?

the 2 amps i got are a sony xplode 600 watt pushing some highs, and a kenwood 1800 watt.

so for the kenwood, http://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-KAC-9104D-1800-Watt-Capability-Amplifier/dp/B0014E2PD6 thats it

and 2 kickers compvr's 12's 2 ohms each, and both dual voice coil..

so my main question is...

like. the way i hooked it up is like

systemsetup.jpg

1. what ohms am i running with my set up like this,?

2. is there any possible way to have it running 1 ohm, because if i can have it 1 ohm, it will hit harder and be pushing more watts, right?

3. if i cant have it to be one ohm, then is this the way i should leave it hooked up, or is there a more efficient better way?

thanks a bunch yall.

alistair

that is .5ohms. you can get .5 2 or 4 ohms.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

i think thats a half ohm the way you have it wired now. if im correct, that is absolutely not safe. especially with an brand that has overheating amp's.

that amp can output like 600rms at straight 14v at 1 ohm.

Edited by Kranny

i know it puts out 500x1 at 4 ohms

and 900x1 at 2 ohms

but im clueless when it comes to ohms, ive always just hooked it up like that diagram

just said that that amp will output like 600rms at 1 ohm AT THE MOST. those ratings are shit that they posted. so it would be like 400rms at 2 ohms and 200rms at 4 ohms.

why'd you get the 2 ohm version of the woofers? wouldve been better if you got the 4 ohm version. you can get a new amp that does rated power at 2 ohms, like kicker's amps.

they didnt have the version of the 4 ohms at best buy, i mean, they might be 4 ohs, but im pretty sure there are 2

so how should i wire my stuff?

how would they might be 4 ohms? it says on the back of the woofer what they are.

if they are 2 ohm, then this

2_2ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

if 4 ohm

2_4ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

thanks a bunch, but okay.. sorry to bug, but my last question, like, the positive and negative, does it all lead to one wire, or is that 2, like do i take the negative and run it to the other negative and then just run out 1 wire, or is it really 2 wires just looking like 1?

for bridging the 2 + and - on each woofer, use a short piece of speaker wire, like 10" or so.

just basically do it like it shows in the picture. you're overcomplicating it. i did my woofers EXACTLY like it shows in the picture and they work fine.