Sundown Audio

Looking for one brand to run for all amps

JBurt09

Got a client that is looking to do some upgrades on this truck that I did for him about a year ago: Cadillac ESV with Fi BL 18s He is having me upgrade the mids and highs in there to keep up with the bass a bit better, and he wanted to run something really loud, so I set him up with some pro audio stuff.He wants to upgrade the sub amp, and in doing so I would like to run him with all the same company, such as Sundown, DD, Rockford, AudioQue, etc.I haven't decided what I'm doing for highs yet.I was thinking about Selenium ST350 Super Tweeters, but I am not solid on the idea yet as it complicates finding an amp from some companies to run them.So here is where I'm at and what I need:

Amps for:

(2) Fi BL Fully Loaded 18s Dual 1 ohm - ~3000-3500 RMS for both

(4) B&C 6PEV13 6.5" Mids Single 8 ohm - 240 RMS x 2 @ 4ohms or 480 RMS X 1 @ 2 ohms

Tweeters are still undecided, but I was looking at:

(2) Selenium ST350 Super Tweeters - 150 RMS x 1 @ 4 ohms

There are a few problems I've run into: With Rockford, if I ran a P200-2 for the tweeters, the crossover only goes up to 500 Hz, so I would have to use external passive crossovers to not blow the tweets up.Not a big deal, but it bumps the price up a tad.With Digital Designs, I could easily purchase something small to run the tweets and the crossover on most of there amps goes up to 1.2 kHz.

For the mids, that's not too hard.I could use the AudioQue 4x90, the DD C3b, the Rockford P500-2, or the Sundown SAX100.4.I've also been looking into Crescendo Audio and the 1000C4 amp for the mids, and the 3K for the subs, but then I'd have to mismatch for the tweets.

Sorry about the novel of a story, but any recommendations?Haha.

Got a client that is looking to do some upgrades on this truck that I did for him about a year ago: Cadillac ESV with Fi BL 18s He is having me upgrade the mids and highs in there to keep up with the bass a bit better, and he wanted to run something really loud, so I set him up with some pro audio stuff.He wants to upgrade the sub amp, and in doing so I would like to run him with all the same company, such as Sundown, DD, Rockford, AudioQue, etc.I haven't decided what I'm doing for highs yet.I was thinking about Selenium ST350 Super Tweeters, but I am not solid on the idea yet as it complicates finding an amp from some companies to run them.So here is where I'm at and what I need:

Amps for:

(2) Fi BL Fully Loaded 18s Dual 1 ohm - ~3000-3500 RMS for both

(4) B&C 6PEV13 6.5" Mids Single 8 ohm - 240 RMS x 2 @ 4ohms or 480 RMS X 1 @ 2 ohms

Tweeters are still undecided, but I was looking at:

(2) Selenium ST350 Super Tweeters - 150 RMS x 1 @ 4 ohms

There are a few problems I've run into: With Rockford, if I ran a P200-2 for the tweeters, the crossover only goes up to 500 Hz, so I would have to use external passive crossovers to not blow the tweets up.Not a big deal, but it bumps the price up a tad.With Digital Designs, I could easily purchase something small to run the tweets and the crossover on most of there amps goes up to 1.2 kHz.

For the mids, that's not too hard.I could use the AudioQue 4x90, the DD C3b, the Rockford P500-2, or the Sundown SAX100.4.I've also been looking into Crescendo Audio and the 1000C4 amp for the mids, and the 3K for the subs, but then I'd have to mismatch for the tweets.

Sorry about the novel of a story, but any recommendations?Haha.

Take a look at Soundstream, the rubicon line looks like it could work for you http://soundstream.com/AudioProducts/Amplifiers/rubicon.htm

Team Soundstream

Team Xs Power

Team Secondskin Audio

Team Mechman

Run some Soundigitals. Use an Audison bit1, or RF 360.2 for x-overs. :good:

That's what I was going to do if I went with Rockford.And then just use a 2500-1bd for the subs, and then I could even set the subsonic on the 3Sixty for his subs since the pre-set on the 2500 would be 28Hz and his box is tuned a little higher at 33 Hz.

From what I've seen, that Audison piece is baaaadasssssss.

Soundigital makes decent mids and highs amps?

Its nice. They will both do what you need them to. Yes, SD makes some nice mids and highs amps.

The client's biggest thing is to have everything matching.I'll have to look into the SD stuff.Have heard lots of mixed things though.

I see you lurkin' Kranny.Speak up!! ;)

Archived