Sonic Electronix

Need help with my first build! Wire questions!

So I'm ordering in my first sub this week, it's a Fi Q 15 fully loaded going in the back of my '03 tibby. I'm going to power it with a sundown sax 1200d, and I just need to know what wires I need to hook everything up. I wanted to get Knu wires, but I just don't know anything about which ones i'll need. Right now I don't have any, so links or advice or anything would be really help. Thanks guys, and must say I love the forum.

2repbme.png

So I'm ordering in my first sub this week, it's a Fi Q 15 fully loaded going in the back of my '03 tibby. I'm going to power it with a sundown sax 1200d, and I just need to know what wires I need to hook everything up. I wanted to get Knu wires, but I just don't know anything about which ones i'll need. Right now I don't have any, so links or advice or anything would be really help. Thanks guys, and must say I love the forum.

Im no expert but Id say with that amount of power youll atleast want 0 gauge for power and ground. For speaker wire 10 to 12 would work. As far as brands I hear that Rockford Fosgate, Kicker and Stinger are good.

EDIT: You may already know this but you aughtta do the Big 3

Edited by TommyK

2003 rsx:Alpine CDE-102Fosgate P300-1Fosgate P1 6.5"s15" Re SRX

that amp doesnt have 0 gauge inputs...only 4 gauge.

get Knu wire, absolutely cannot go wrong with that brand. thats all i run as far as wires go in my car, EVERYTHING Knu and i have no regrets.

12 gauge speaker wire should be plenty for that woofer on that amp.

My Q? :D You'll love her. She was treated great :) My cat loves her too, hence the pic <--- hahaha/

Edited by Alex K

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

that amp doesnt have 0 gauge inputs...only 4 gauge.

get Knu wire, absolutely cannot go wrong with that brand. thats all i run as far as wires go in my car, EVERYTHING Knu and i have no regrets.

12 gauge speaker wire should be plenty for that woofer on that amp.

So I should just get like 20 feet of 4 gauge? And also how much 12 gauge wire?

I'm going to do the big 3 also.

Alex K- Yes your baby haha, I can't wait to get it in! I also PM'd you today about the details for the paypal and payment and everything.

2repbme.png

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

I'm running knu and have no complaints. We did a couple of installs with knu. Cant go wrong with it.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3