2 - FI 18" & 2 - AQ 15" TechForce Geek Truck Sub & Amp Upgrade

Why is that a no no??? I got to hear this one?! LOL! :popcorn:

If you have them in a separate section of the box and ran off of their own power then don't worry about it too much. Mixing woofer size and letting them share a chamber and/or running different woofers off of the same power source (ie. same channel on an amp)is usually a big no no. Looks good man! :good: Keep the updates comin'!

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

just really no need, your only trying to play a 60hz range anyway.

I see what you are saying... I originally built the box to use up some subs I had left over... That is the one of the reasons I did it... the main reason... but, they are playing up to 50hz and the 18's are tuned to 28hz and the 15's are tuned to 34 hz so it hits pretty decent on lows... I think it would surprise ya!

If you have them in a separate section of the box and ran off of their own power then don't worry about it too much. Mixing woofer size and letting them share a chamber and/or running different woofers off of the same power source (ie. same channel on an amp)is usually a big no no. Looks good man! :good: Keep the updates comin'!

Thanks! I appreciate it! I know it is not the fanciest install, but I have 4 vehicles with large systems and I keep changing crap out... so I needed it to be basic and durable but sound good! Each sub has thier own chamber... I had plenty of room... The 2 AQ 15's are on the AQ2200D and the 18's have one XT4000DE to each one... This isn't my first picnic guys! lol!

Just since I've known you lets see.....

Thumper

HHR

Geek Truck

Kool-Aide

SPLHELL (after replacing from tornado right?

Charleys (helped on his right?

Tony's

G.R.I.T.S.

Lap Dancer Lancer

I see what you are saying... I originally built the box to use up some subs I had left over... That is the one of the reasons I did it... the main reason... but, they are playing up to 50hz and the 18's are tuned to 28hz and the 15's are tuned to 34 hz so it hits pretty decent on lows... I think it would surprise ya!

do you have the crossovers set to have the different sets playing separate ranges of frequencies too?

do you have the crossovers set to have the different sets playing separate ranges of frequencies too?

No... I have the low pass all the way up and the Pioneer Head unit low pass set to 50db... Always better to set amps that way... Easier to gain and set amps that way...

No... I have the low pass all the way up and the Pioneer Head unit low pass set to 50db... Always better to set amps that way... Easier to gain and set amps that way...

but then you will have two different subs in two different boxes trying to play the same frequencies at the same time.

Huh?

Have two separate sub stages with different drivers, and different amplifiers, wont play exactly the same... thus causing phase problems. Thats why its generally a no no

Dodge Magnum with custom 300c front end, laid out on air bags

*4) 12" Cadence Daytona walled

*1) AudioQue 20k

*270a DC Power Alt (Dual coming soon)

Archived