2 - FI 18" & 2 - AQ 15" TechForce Geek Truck Sub & Amp Upgrade

My 18 moves alot of air :pardon:

and the tuning should stay the same on your box. same total volume and total port area both ways..

are you removing it just to have a common chamber for the 15s?

yeah.. common chamber for the 15's.... as for the tuning.. that is what I thought... but I wonder why bassbox is saying it will change??? maybe the displacement the parition was taking up?

But... I thought it would be tuned lower if anything with less displacement, re more airspace????

By the way.... I like the girls booby trick more than the hair trick! LOL!

what if a song has a bunch of different bass notes at the same time :pardon:

well then you just need a ...wait for it... funky pup.

hahah.. my first ever funky pup insert. i feel ashamed

Your retarded ..... moving on...OP it's just not good to mix different model subs ...let alone different sizes! They aren't made the same ....and they don't behave the same.....add to that different tuning and different amps .....it's just not good at all :(

I'm not retarded :(

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

I'm not retarded :(

My bad........ carry on then

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

id like to point out some things ive seen in this thread.

Techforce: i believe you said that this was built from spare parts you had and you aren't rich. my question is why are you upgrading the mismatched parts? why not get 2 more Fi 18's to replace the 15's?

Grits: you stated that he posted this just as a show of his work not to be criticized. this is a public forum its gonna happen.

now as for the 15's and 18's, i could see them being beneficial together if the 18's were playing say 10-35hz or so and the 15's take over from there. make them act like a component set. but that is not how its set up

in the end it is your stuff and if you like it then by all means continue to like it. HOWEVER, don't get defensive when someone insults your work, not everyone is gonna like it. take the hits and let em roll off your shoulder

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Techforce: i believe you said that this was built from spare parts you had and you aren't rich. my question is why are you upgrading the mismatched parts? why not get 2 more Fi 18's to replace the 15's?

Grits: you stated that he posted this just as a show of his work not to be criticized. this is a public forum its gonna happen.

now as for the 15's and 18's, i could see them being beneficial together if the 18's were playing say 10-35hz or so and the 15's take over from there. make them act like a component set. but that is not how its set up

in the end it is your stuff and if you like it then by all means continue to like it. HOWEVER, don't get defensive when someone insults your work, not everyone is gonna like it. take the hits and let em roll off your shoulder

I am sub shopping... was going to go with FI ATW... then descided to swap out with AQ, re: started with the 15's... NOW.. just talked to David from PSI last night and I will be going to his subs eventually... As for the componet set... that is what is was going to start out as... kind of went different from there... I was going to have the 18's play below 30hz and the 15's above that... I did let it roll off my shoulder bro... everyone has thier ideas on what is best... I agree... People haven't heard this truck in person... It doesn't do bad... yes it can do better... but u know what..Tommy Mic can do better... the guy with the 8 18" smd hummer can do better... everyone can do better... I wanted something that is nasty low and it is... Its not the lowest and loudest.. but.. for a geek truck... it is fine... I can't wait to get the time this afternoon to remove the partition on the 15's... I will post the results afterwards...

Appreciate the advice... about the haters! LOL! I guess everyone is trying to offer advice and just come off the wrong way... like I do I guess... :pardon:

Also... for changing the 15's to 18's... I did not want to redo the cabinet until I was able to redo the system with about 8 18's and take out the back seat... sorry.. missed that!

Archived