Paper Calculations

not encouraging 50 hz. build the big box tune it low (which is great for daily/groundpounder) and figure out what track works best and at what hz everyhting combined is loudest at.  Just because the box peaks @ 32 doesn't mean 32 will be the loudest once it's in car

but the meter is outside of the vehicle. Also, you HAVE to play a commercial track on each run. Commercial tracks a. dont ussually get close to the range that a car peaks at b.)at 50 odd hz for 60 seconds, youll be lucky if one sub survives c.) at 50 odd hz outside the car, your reading will be pretty low

Thats just my opinion.

But try it out for your self.

the meter isn outside??? its in the exact same place as and spl run

How the hell do u south africans run bass boxing? The meter is supposed to be 1 meter away from the car.

@AP zoutes. Thats very true what you say. Build the box and find a song that works well with your box.

I just do it the other way around. I find a song and build a box that works with it

then im rambo bitch

In namibia we run bassboxing with the sensor a meter away from your car, 1 window open.

Thats how it should be according to international rules. No wonder you  guys have huge figures like that  :R

that sounds dumb.... how far from the car is the sensor placed?

Archived