Well for the past few days I have been seeing this message on my computer. Its an all black screen with white font that reads, "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"

Well when I press a key the message just pops up again, now I have the message on the screen twice. The only way I have been able to get around it is to Ctrl, Alt Delete. Then my system reboots and loads windows...but as soon as windows "resumes", my monitor goes to sleep. Then I have to push the power button on the tower to get the monitor to come on. If I push a key on the keyboard that does not wake things up.

This is strange. Is my computer in trouble?

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Well for the past few days I have been seeing this message on my computer. Its an all black screen with white font that reads, "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"

Well when I press a key the message just pops up again, now I have the message on the screen twice. The only way I have been able to get around it is to Ctrl, Alt Delete. Then my system reboots and loads windows...but as soon as windows "resumes", my monitor goes to sleep. Then I have to push the power button on the tower to get the monitor to come on. If I push a key on the keyboard that does not wake things up.

This is strange. Is my computer in trouble?

Go into the bios and check the APM settings... maybe something in there is out of whack...???? Could be several things

Will do. Why would my BIOS settings change? It seems like this is happening when the computer goes to sleep. Every time it goes to sleep I get that screen instead of the monitor just shutting off. The only way to get out of that screen is to Ctrl, Alt Delete.. then the "Resuming windows" screen comes on. When windows is about to display my monitor goes to sleep but the light on my tower does not agree. My computer light (on the tower itself) stays white, when its sleep it should be orange.

After the monitor goes to sleep, and the tower stays on, the only way I can get the monitor to turn back on is to push the power button on the tower. Magically my monitor turns on and things are all good.

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

IMAG0064.jpg

This is the screen I am getting. I might make a lil vid tonight of what I have to go through just to get on my damn computer

d(-__-)b

This is the screen I am getting. I might make a lil vid tonight of what I have to go through just to get on my damn computer

What about if you totally shut the pc down? Does it come up normally? Like if you go to START - SHUTDOWN... I said the bios because sometimes software can change those settings...

go into your bios and check the boot order

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/