Sundown Audio

Keeps goin into protect HELP! (really found THE PROBLEM this time pg 6)

Jared420

what are you tuned to? As you get further away from your tuning frequency your woofers move more.that could cause the bad coil to see a short and cut off. That could be why. if you want to find out where you cut out at keep running the sine waves til you hit the point it wont play anymore.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

just checked on the caco forum and someone else with the same amp was having same issue, aparently he checked ground and he had it mounted on his sub box and when he put foam in between the box and amp to cut down vibrations it has been working for him? then the thread ended, my amps under my box with about a half inch of room between it and the box but one corner of the amp slightly touches the box?

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

hell giveit a shot you never know til you try.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

what are you tuned to? As you get further away from your tuning frequency your woofers move more.that could cause the bad coil to see a short and cut off. That could be why. if you want to find out where you cut out at keep running the sine waves til you hit the point it wont play anymore.

Im tuned to 36 hz my subsonic is set to 25 hz played 25 hz fine 40 hz fine and 63 hz fine (i have a dumb app on the iphone for it and those are all it offers then the frequencies go up to like 16k but above 63 is pointless to play on subs)

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

well im not certain what it is but figured id throw you some things to try

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

did the guys at DB-r turn on the amp and actually turn it up to the level youre trying? something inside the amp might be loose and you are experiencing it rather than the people who fixed it is because you are trying to use it in a real life situation, whereas they were turning it on and just testing to see if there was output. but i could be completely wrong, just my thought.

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

did the guys at DB-r turn on the amp and actually turn it up to the level youre trying? something inside the amp might be loose and you are experiencing it rather than the people who fixed it is because you are trying to use it in a real life situation, whereas they were turning it on and just testing to see if there was output. but i could be completely wrong, just my thought.

I sure hope they do they say when they test the amps out that they repair they test them for about 30 minutes at a relatively high volume. so I mean do they actually? I dont know i wasnt there but Id sure like to believe they do.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

I just went outside and made sure no part of my amp was touching the box and tried it again a couple times, keeps cutting out

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

i used to have an amp that did the exact same thing. sent it in to get repaired and it still had the same problem. i didnt mess with sending it back.

i think they cant find the problem because they use a non reactive resistor, not a sub. then they just play a tone. as you have tested, it works fine like that. but as soon as it has to change tones quickly from a song, it goes into protect. i would ask them to test it with music on a real sub and i would damn sure tell them to pay for shipping since they failed to fix it.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Im about to just ask him for half my money back tomorrow and buy a new amp. Id rather not be into this for over 500 dollarsfor an amp that cost me 600 used to begin with at this point i could have spent 1100 on a nice amp. this one just fit me perfectly because Its stable to .5 ohm and i screwed myself by buying 4 d4 subs so i can only wire to .5 or 2 ohms

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3