man u just cant put a damn motor in a 11 dollar flat rate box. there isnt enuff room for good padding. that is the guys fault for being such a dumb ass. no sympathy im sorry u gotta know heavy shit seems to always get beat up.

this happened to a buddy he had bought 2 DD G motors and one was misaligned had to get it fixed by dave at PSI were he got his motors built to 18"s

Edited by lil_italy773

That is a 10-15 minute job to fix. I did it on one of my HX2 motors. Pull the top plate off, clean both sides, build an alignment tool (Card board tubes sliced and layered work great), epoxy or good CA glue. Once the glue is on the magnet, lower the top plate in place using the alignment tool already in the gap. Let it dry for 24 hours or so. Motor is ready to rock again.. (make sure to keep the ca glue off of the alignment tool though as it will be a bitch to pull out if it is glued in place!

so just buy some epoxy, take out that top plate, sand any glue or something that was used to keep the top plate and the magnet together, have a reference point to center the top plate, put epoxy on both the top plate and the magnet, and let it dry for a day. is that pretty much i got to do?

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

so just buy some epoxy, take out that top plate, sand any glue or something that was used to keep the top plate and the magnet together, have a reference point to center the top plate, put epoxy on both the top plate and the magnet, and let it dry for a day. is that pretty much i got to do?

in layman terms, Yes!

Hardest part is getting the top plate off in my opinion. sanding is not a good idea though, scrape it clean with a razor blade.

• 3 weeks later...

in layman terms, Yes!

Hardest part is getting the top plate off in my opinion. sanding is not a good idea though, scrape it clean with a razor blade.

thank you so much. im gonna try that when i get a chance this week, and then recone that bad boy to a 18in.

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

man u just cant put a damn motor in a 11 dollar flat rate box. there isnt enuff room for good padding. that is the guys fault for being such a dumb ass. no sympathy im sorry u gotta know heavy shit seems to always get beat up.

this happened to a buddy he had bought 2 DD G motors and one was misaligned had to get it fixed by dave at PSI were he got his motors built to 18"s

That's funny, because that's exactly how Dave at PSI says to ship motors to him.

We get a LOT of motors sent to us here. Some are packaged very well, while others.... yeeesh!

What I'm going to show you here is how to properly pack up a motor for shipping. This way is the most effective method that you can use to save cost and to ensure that your precious cargo makes it safely to it's destination.

Tip #1: DO NOT USE PACKING PEANUTS! In my opinion, peanuts are the WORST thing to use to package any item that weighs for than 2-4 lbs. These do not support the weight of the item at all. Peanuts crush and break apart from the weight of the object. Also, since they are so small, they will actually shift inside of the package, letting the heavy object fall directly to the bottom of the box, offering ZERO support for the item. NEVER use peanuts to ship a speaker, or speaker parts!!!! We get more damaged items sent to us with peanuts as packing material than anything else! DO NO USE THEM! THEY ARE THE DEVIL!!

Tip #2: Use USPS flat rate boxes. These very in cost from $5 to $13, and are provided for free from the Post Office. Just get the box that is large enough to carry the item, and use it. You won't find a cheaper means of transit than these for a heavy, small item.

So what will we use to protect the item then? Cardboard!

The very best way that we have found to protect a motor assembly (or any other very heavy and fragile item like batteries, etc) is to completely fill the shipping box with flat pieces of cardboard. The cardboard will offer a slight amount of padding, while being firm enough not to allow the contents to shift.

What you'll want to do is to cut pieces of old boxes in the proper shapes and sized to completely fill in all of the empty are of the box around the item. You can bend a small box, making quite a few layers of packaging material from it. Do not leave any space unfilled! You do not want to have the item shifting from side to side,or up and down inside the box. Make sure to put as much cardboard underneath and on top of the item as you can. As long as you can close the box, they will ship it, so don't worry if the top and bottom are bulging from being so full of packing material! CRAM IT IN THERE!

IMG_5504Small.jpg

IMG_5511Small.jpg

IMG_5513Small.jpg

Once you get the item all nestled into it's box, firmly protected by the cardboard, TAPE THE CRAP OUT OF IT! I cover most every inch of the box with tape. Don't forget that you have a 50lb chunk of steel inside of a cardboard box. It WILL try to get out!! Make sure it can't escape by making sure that the box can't rip open.

IMG_5515Small.jpg

Once you get the box all taped up, let them know how heavy it is! Place a nice HEAVY ITEM sticker on it, or write HEAVY alll over it. You never know.. they might actually read it! Ok well maybe not, but at least you're trying.

IMG_5519Small.jpg

IMG_5521Small.jpg

There you go! Thats how to ship a 60lb motor assembly for less than $15!

The guy probably didn't have enough padding around the edges, though.

Edited by R_Mac_1

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

That's funny, because that's exactly how Dave at PSI says to ship motors to him.

The guy probably didn't have enough padding around the edges, though.

true. he just stuffed the motor with some stuff that is mainly used for pillows. FTL. lol but next time im following those steps so i wont have problems like these again. thanks guys.