Second Skin Audio

Type of Motor?

you missed the most important part...when neo heats up it losses force that never comes back

did not know that.... how hot roughly before it looses BL

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Neodymium magnets are the greatest of the rare-earth magnets. The strength of their magnetic field at the poles ranges from just under 1 tesla (T) to as high as 1.5 T. Because they are cheap - you can get a small neodymium magnet for a single US dollar (USD) - these magnets are used quite frequently in industry and among hobbyists and dabblers. For example, every computer hard drive has a small neodymium magnet which helps direct the needle that reads data. They can also be found in high-end speakers and science classrooms around the world.

One of the only downsides to the neodymium magnet is that its magnetic field loses some intensity when temperatures are too high. This precludes their use in electronics applications in which a lot of heat is generated. There exist versions of the neodymium magnet that perform better under higher temperatures, but in these cases strength must be sacrificed.

Neodymium magnets are incredibly strong. A neodymium magnet the size of a quarter can suspend a piece of iron weighing dozens of kilograms. Two such magnets snapping together at the wrong angle can pinch your skin and draw blood. Neodymium magnets the size of a golf ball can be extremely dangerous, wiping credit cards, sending metallic objects flying, and potentially causing bodily harm if used without care.

Bingo James ;)

That multi magnet array woofer towards the middle of the thread doesn't look like neo at all, a shit load of ceramic magnets instead

The first motor is the Focal and/or MCM branded woofer with the array, and they were still ferrite.

I know one company out here doing , thinking of doing a monstrous neo motor for SPL to compete with another big company, but not saying anything about it

Cooling is the best part of using arrays, for the magnet, and the coil

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I believe that big one is a Shocker.

You sir are correct it is a Shocker Apokalipse

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.