Sonic Electronix

How to wire 8 speakers and 2 crossovers to 4 channel amp

I have 8 Rockford fosgate P1653 speakers (4 ohms, 60 w rms/120 w max), and 2 rockford fosgate crossovers (2 tweeters in each crossover), trying to wire to a crescendo 1000.4 (125 Watts X4 at 4 ohms, 250 watts X4 at 2 ohms). Just need to know how to wire it to get the best power running to each speaker/crossover.

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

Be careful. Crossovers have a power rating to.

So you are trying to wire 4 6.5"s and 4 tweeters to the crossovers. I'd say two 6.5"s in parallel on each crossover and one tweeter on each tweeter channel.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Be careful. Crossovers have a power rating to.

So you are trying to wire 4 6.5"s and 4 tweeters to the crossovers. I'd say two 6.5"s in parallel on each crossover and one tweeter on each tweeter channel.

thanks for the reply man...i just realized that the crescendo amp cant do 1 ohm, only stable at 2 ohms, so imma lose the tweeters and just have my 8 6.5s =/

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

thanks for the reply man...i just realized that the crescendo amp cant do 1 ohm, only stable at 2 ohms, so imma lose the tweeters and just have my 8 6.5s =/

Oh wait. 8 of each, that changes everything. You can probably keep everything, I'm suer the crossover won't like the amount of power running through them though.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

well each crossover was going to power 2 tweeters (2 tweeters per crossover) the crossover was not going to power the speakers, the speakers are going directly into the amp

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

passive or active crossover?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

passive or active crossover?

I believe Passive...the crossovers came from a P1682S as did the tweeters

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

channel 1 and 2 get one crossover and 2 tweeters each.

channel 3 and 4 get four 6.5"s each.

or run the tweeters off the HU because they dont need much power then two 6.5"s on each channel of the amp.

the real way to wire it... get another amp lol.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

channel 1 and 2 get one crossover and 2 tweeters each.

channel 3 and 4 get four 6.5"s each.

or run the tweeters off the HU because they dont need much power then two 6.5"s on each channel of the amp.

the real way to wire it... get another amp lol.

well i have a rf t800.4, but i blew a transistor in it (piece of metal from my trunk fell in the only hole in it), plus it was a size issue in my trunk, so im ordering the transistor, fixing it, then selling it. I know some people from the chicago area and caco that run crescendo, and i was impressed, so i decided to get it, its shipping still...i thought i can run it at 1 ohm, but it doesnt look like i can :(, so i gotta settle with it now...is the first option u mentioned wiring at 1 ohm?

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

I'd run two 6.5's per channel and use the HU to run the tweeters. If that doesn't cut it, you may end up getting a small tweeter amp.

Stetsom 11K2d

6-12" DC XL's

8 batts

Ohio Generator alt

2 punch 400's, 8 goldwood 6.5's, 4 selenium st200's

2010 MECA AS1 champ 146.7

Team DC I'm on the wagon, driving a wagon!

'90 Camry Wagon

155+ on music

member of MECA, FCBC, and IASCA

Archived