Good Headunit?

I know pioneer wins most features I just can not make myself like the front USB and 3.5. It just makes a nice looking face look like crap. Last thing I want is a big USB cable hanging all over the open to my radio face in the way of AC controls and everything else in my center console and dash. James, do you like you current excelon? I haven't used a newer kenwood in about a year and a half and was wondering how they are. Make my decision to buy the kenwood for me please :D

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

My link I got this kenwood headunit, I love it, Its clear,there are a bunch of settngs, the ipod controls are easy to use imo ,4v pre outs. And it looks really clean!

Kenwood kdc-x794

Boston Acoustics S60 components, S65 Coaxials

Jl J2-320.4

Sundown Audio Sae1200d

2 Sundown SA-12's D4

Car Quest NGT Extreme Upfront

Shuriken BT-60 inback

Big3

All Knu Konceptz wire

Uhm I'm sorry, but my USB runs out the back and under my dash and into my Ash tray that slides out the bottom of my dash and it doesn't get in the way anywhere.... They make them with rear USB.... So check again.

| S-10 | 4.5^3 ft | 33Hz | SAE-1000D @ 1 Ohm | 2 SA-12s |

SPL: 143.7 Sealed | 153.4 Port Wars

I only found one with rear USB and I posted the link bottom part of first page. But I read a lot of reviews saying the user interface sucked. I'm also tired of the same graphics pioneer uses for screensavers. Hasn't changed in so long I'd feel like I got my radio back from 3 years ago. I'm definitely not bashing pioneer. I've loved the ones that I've had in the past and never gave me problems. But times have changed and I need more features and the ones they offer with them look like the ones you could by at wallyword :-/

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Other then the problem I'm having with my headunit (has to be the onboard amp overheating) the deck is superb. Many features, and the sound quality is great.

Not too sure about the new kenwood decks though. But the same ones like mine... x693, x993 have terrible glare problems in the sun and can't see anything. At night.... Ohhhh boy does it look nice.

I love the usb cord in the back too, one of the reasonss I didn't go with pioneer. Also can hook your ipod up to it straight from the usb cord unlike alpine where you have to buy a special cable for the ipod. Some say the usb read times are slow but I don't notice it. It may be because It's a 8gb flash drive though.

i like the current excelons alot, id run a excelon instead of my non excelon unit if i didnt run a bitone. no need for the extra ex options it has over the base line of the same deck, and my 1 ear warranty is fine compared to the 2 year excelon.

there is a glare in the sun, but its not terrible in my case, one of my friends has one in his Integra Type R though and says he has a ton of glare